Ravens LB Terrell Suggs Says Roger Goodell Had A Hand In The Super Bowl Blackout

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Sweets, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs thinks NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was behind the lights going out in the Superdome during Super Bowl XLVII.

Suggs’ accusation falls in line with retired linebacker Ray Lewis’ hint that the NFL attempted to eat into the Raven’s 22-point lead and get the 49ers back into the Super Bowl by turning out the lights.

TERRELL SUGGS: “I thought he had a hand in it. Most definitely, he had a hand in it.

“We walk out of the Denver game, and linebackers are warming up on their sideline, and who do we see talking with John Elway, and it’s like hmmm. I thought, your commissioner is supposed to be neutral. He ain’t supposed to be on one side or the other, he’s supposed to be in the box. I saw him on their sideline and I was like, huh, I know who he’s going for. I think he definitely has his favorites.

“He’ll deny it but, like I said when I run out of the tunnel, and the first thing I see is John Elway laughing it up, I’m definitely going to feel some way about that. You’re the commissioner of this league and you’re supposed to make sure everything is being played on an even playing field. I definitely don’t think he’s doing a good job, and I don’t think he should be making 10 million a year. That’s just my personal opinion.â€

Source: Sports Illustrated

Sweets's Take: Suggs must really be missing his bromance with Ray Lewis, these 2 are joined at the hip. Unless you have "real" evidence to that fact, shut up already...no really, SHUT UP

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm like: "Hmmmmmm."

[​IMG]

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Maybe it was aliens, the Illuminati or ... ya the Freemasons!!!!! Ya that's it!

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

But they won, why keep bringing it up when they won!

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I've heard of conspiracy theorists before, but this takes the cake.

6. dad2paisley

dad2paisley Special Teamer

I agree with Suggs but we won, so move on.