Packers To Reduce RB Eddie Lacy's Carries

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by DaBears22, Nov 2, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Green Bay Packers rookie running back Eddie Lacy has provided some early-season ground punch to the previous aerial-based assault.

The Packers love Lacy's production, but they would like to see his number of carries reduced in upcoming games.

"We had an extra day (to recover) this week with the Monday night game, that plays into it too," running backs coach Alex Van Pelt said, per the Green Bay Press Gazette. "But we're definitely monitoring the carries for him, try to get him back down to around 20."

Source: NFL.com

DaBears22's Take: Smart move by Green Bay in an effort to keep Lacy healthy. Even though their WR corps is decimated, they still got Rodgers. Keeping their RBs healthy will help out the Packers a lot during their hunt for a playoff spot.

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Eh, i dunno. If he is going to blow a knee, its going to happen regardless. I would ride him until i couldn't anymore.

3. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Rookie

I think this is the right thing to do. Keep Lacy healthy. We never know when Starks is gonna go down, and apart from one game, Franklin has been a non factor.