Former Saints Player Steve Gleason Sees ALS Charity Donations Rise After Controversy

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DaBears22, Jun 20, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Even the dumbest story can have a happy ending.

Just days after three Atlanta radio hosts were fired for mocking former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason for suffering from ALS, Gleason's charity has seen a big boost of donations.

In the 72 hours since Gleason wrote a guest column on SI.com and was the subject of the radio skit, donations to the charity have jumped an estimated 75 percent over the most recent six month average, according to numbers provided to Around The League by Clare Durrett of Team Gleason.

The donations over that span also are 20 percent greater than the rise in donations following Gleason's media tour during the 2013 Super Bowl. Team Gleason's mission is to provide help to individuals with neuromuscular diseases or injuries with leading edge technology, equipment and services.

"There are zero treatments for ALS," Gleason said in a statement earlier this week. "If you take any action as a result of this event, I prefer it to be action to end ALS. See what we are doing to change that at TeamGleason.org."

Source: NFL.com

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Re: Former Saints Player Steve Gleason Sees ALS Charity Donations Rise After Controve

Thank you radio talk show hosts for your stupid comments......let's not make any more and let's find a cure for this horrible disease!!! Want to know what ALS is? Ask me....I'll tell you as much as I know and lead you to links that can show you more and links to where you can donate to help find a cure.

3. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

Re: Former Saints Player Steve Gleason Sees ALS Charity Donations Rise After Controve

That is what happens tooo bad ppl. Get sick and hide behind it. Like tha saying that sick. Fu gleason

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

What? :icon_rolleyes:

5. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

*Pulls out billy club*

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

What????

7. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

At least a positive thing came out of this story, more awareness for ALS.

STFU

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxoBl5zZgNM&list=LL_N1NqXKSTdSEhOkDJIxYeA]NFL Players & Coaches stand together to cure ALS - YouTube[/ame]