Chiefs Fans Also Looking For A Shot At Loudest Crowd Record

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Sweets, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

A newly formed Facebook group of Chiefs fans dubbed Terrorhead Returns is hoping to counter a group of Seahawks backers who are attempting to get CenturyLink Field into the Guinness Book of Records as the loudest stadium on Earth, the Kansas City Star reports.

Quoting from the Terrorhead Returns page: “We have submitted an application with Guiness (sic) World Book and will request the permission from the Kansas City Chiefs and the NFL to be given a fair chance to put the record where it is truly deserved. Join in Chiefs Fans! GO CHIEFS!!!â€

So far, the Seattle contingent, which goes by the handle “Volume 12†(an homage to the team’s “12th Man†legacy of fan support), is a step ahead of KC’s. According to a post on NFL.com, the Seattle group announced on its own Facebook page that its application to have the decibels measured at the Seahawks’ Sept. 15 Sunday Night Football showdown with the San Francisco 49ers has formally been accepted by Guinness.

The official entry would be dubbed “loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium.â€

SeattlePI.com, reports that the current record is held by the Ali Sami Yen Sport Complex Turk Telekom Arena in Istanbul, Turkey, the decibels measured that day? An ear-splitting 131.76, or slightly louder than the sound of an airliner at takeoff, the Turkish fans were cheering on a soccer match played by Galatasaray S.K.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

And LSU would smoke them all for the loudest crowd

3. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Don't care.

1) It's the inert Chiefs.
    2) My TV has a volume limiter.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Having lived in KC for 35 years and a member of the "Wolfpack" for home games, I watch the Chiefs closely. Yes...I'm a traitor. Gotta support my hometown Cardinals. That said, I think the Chiefs should concern themselves with onfield issues instead of making Arrowhead the noisiest stadium in this galaxy. Fans can scream and set new decibel level records all they want, but if the Chiefs are crapting the bed on the field, who give a crap.

Now........is everybody CLICKING on a daily basis?????

5. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I was at the game that the Chiefs broke the record. Is there another article about this?