DC Council Urges Redskins To Change Nickname

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Nov 5, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

For the second time in its history, the D.C. Council has called on the Washington Redskins to change their nickname.

By a 10-0 vote, the council approved a resolution Tuesday urging the team to abandon the nickname, which some consider offensive to Native Americans.

Source: Associated Press

SteveRobWhatever's Take: The public pressure mounts on Dan Snyder. The D.C. Council has no power over the team, but the bad press won't help call off the dogs for the Redskins. This isn't going to go away until Snyder makes a change. At this point it's all about how much pressure Snyder is willing to endure to keep the team.

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

They will eventually change the name because it will become a huge distraction.The skins do not have any allegiance to the dc council anyway since they play in maryland. i think those arseholes wanted to get some more free press coverage.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I severely dislike all things Washington Redskins. And I think and hope Danny boy doesn't succumb to the nanny wussy state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

A government entity is telling someone what to do? I think this country needs more of this guidance.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Eventually,they will be forced to change the name! should change the name to the maryland redskins,then maybe nobody would be pissed then! i would not want to be affiliated with washington dc in any way at all !

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Or just move to LA and be the Los Angeles Redskins.

8. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Rookie

So, while Monsanto is killing us with GMOs, Benghazi attack is still being investigated, Fukushima is killing the Pacific Ocean and the entire west coast of North America, and the government militarizing out local police, d**k-tator Obama and his murderous regime are also trying to start a race war.
    This debate has been going on for year and I seriously don't think Dan Snyder will ever change it. He has the entire NFL behind him, and since the DC Counsel has no control over the team or the NFL they can't do anything except "urge" them to change it.
    But knowing how the government works, they will take away our first amendment right, pass a new law, to take control over professional sports teams.