Agent Squashes Brett Favre-To-Green Bay Rumors, Says Ex-QB Is 'Retired'

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Nov 5, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Brett Favre's name was everywhere last night with at least one specific report from Howard Balzer that the Packers had "reached out" to Favre surfacing.

However, Gabe Neitzel of ESPN Wisconsin reports that he spoke with Bus Cook, Favre's agent, and Cook "assured" him that No. 4 "is retired."

Source: CBS Sports

SteveRobWhatever's Take: There is no way I could stomach another Brett Favre comeback, let alone one in Green Bay. It's for the best that this rumor gets squashed before it mushrooms into the only thing ESPN will talk about again. There is no way you could go after Favre, even if Rodgers is out for the year.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Smoke screen!! He's coming back!!

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I can't picture the Packers wanting to go this route anyway.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Brett Favre!!!!!!

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think any Brett Favre related post should consist only of the words "Brett" and "Favre".

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

BRETT FAVRE!!!!!

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Haha. Seriously, though, is anyone else beginning to wonder how long the favre playing again rumors will continue?

Will he be 50 years old and we will still be hearing stories about a possible return?

8. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Rookie

As much as I love Brett Favre, and miss watching him play, he is retired. Rodgers isn't going to be out the rest of the season. The time that he is out, Eddie Lacy can carry the team.