NFL Rescinds $21K Fine On Titans RB Jackie Battle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by DaBears22, Nov 7, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Tennessee Titans running back Jackie Battle was the first player fined for delivering a hit with the crown of his helmet, for a blow on Danieal Manning in Houston on Sept. 15.

But the NFL accepted his defense and rescinded the $21,000 fine, Battle said Wednesday.

"My biggest argument was the rule said you had to be clearly outside the tackle box and I wasn't clearly outside the tackle box," Battle said. "They agreed with me and that's how I won it."

Source: ESPN

DaBears22's Take: Good the see that the NFL is willing to hear players' perspectives on hits. Though to be honest I can rarely recall when fines are rescinded.

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Here's a replay for those who don't remember the play:

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/tennessee-titans/0ap2000000247710/Jackie-Battle-fined-for-hit]Jackie Battle fined for hit - NFL Videos[/ame]

So it's ok to lower your head if you are inside the tackle box? Is that what I am to take out of this?

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yes if you are in the box you can lower the boom.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

That's music to any bruiser's ears then. Football is still football in between the tackles.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wow...

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

They rescinded it when they realized they accidentally fined an offensive player