Nick Foles: Eagles QB For The 'Next 1000 Years'

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Dec 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Nick Foles has been playing football like a man possessed since taking over for an overrated Michael Vick. In nine games, Foles has thrown for 1,791 yards, 19 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Plus, he's done this with the team's second-best receiver (Jeremy Maclin, remember him?) sidelined for the year. He's been so good that Chip Kelly went on to say:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Chip-Kelly-Nick-Foles-QB-for-next-1000-years-4104.html
    So is the search over? Is Nick Foles the man in Philly now? What to Eagle fans think?

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Until he has a crapty game, then it's up in the air.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I still think Chip would prefer a QB who could run much better to open up more read option, but as long as Foles keeps playing like this hard to imagine anyone else being their QB.

It's too early to put Foles up with the elite or anything like that, he has had some luck in this streak, but he sure seems to know how to read a defense and get it to the right man.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Do you think Chipper would release Michael Vick in support of Foles at this point?

5. DawkinsINT

Vick is a free agent at the end of the year. Unless Foles gets hurt, he's already done as an Eagle.

6. DawkinsINT

I don't know who originally said it, but I heard a fitting description that Foles plays QB like a point guard.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Saw it last year, and saw it this year. Foles has what elite level QBs in this league have. Great vision, decisiveness, can read through progressions, spreads the ball around, accuracy... he still has some work to do. He can get better and predicting a blitz and finding the hot route, something Vick was god-awful at. He is slow as dirt (which I don't think you can fix).

Yes, Chip would love a player like Mariota or Manziel. But you've got a quality young player who should only get better. I'd prefer to stick with the guy who you have on the roster who is producing at the NFL level and use one of those picks to improve elsewhere.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

A lot of talk about Chip's system and wanting to find a QB to fit his system. Yet, as a coach, it's about adapting to the players you've got and put them into the best position to win. If he can't run around like a blue arsed fly and do crapty fake hand off scrambles etc. then so be it.

Chip has a promising franchise QB on his hands, which is rare in this league. He needs to keep him playing to his strengths, not butcher him and attempt to mold him into something Foles is clearly not.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

I was a fan if his pick so i give reid, howie or whoever credit for grabbing him. The kid can play. No matter what his stock is rising bigtime. Issue with getting a qb who fits chips system better is what they have to give up because the team keeps moving back in the draft.

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

At this point they would be very lucky to get Manziel if Kelly wanted his type of QB, and Manziel is far from a slam dunk

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

I want nothing to do with that kid

12. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I doubt they'd move up for a new franchise quarterback now. Kelly did what many people thought he couldn't do. He tailored his offense to excel his players' strengths, whichever quarterback played. That was something Reid always had a problem with.

Even if the Eagles don't make the playoffs, I'm sold on Foles starting next year with a rookie backup. Vick is done as an Eagle and maybe as an NFL starter.

Everything is cake now. I didn't even think they'd win 6 games let alone 7 with 4 more games left. And they could easily win all 4. It won't be easy, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol

Living in philly im sure it wont be long til no one give a crap about foles and are calling for his head

14. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I'm not far from you K Train. And I know what you're saying. Foles has one bad game this week against the Lions and everyone will want Vick to "be our savior." I'm honestly disgusted that I have to share fandom with some of those idiots that just don't understand the team or the NFL in general.

"Oh I don't watch football if the Eagles aren't on." Face Palm

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

you have dopes like that in every fanbase but who cares the vast majority will not react that way and didn't after the dallas game.

i see them winning this week but losing to vikes then taking the next two. depending on what dallas does the next three weeks that last game could decide the division.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I think Detroit is gonna be tough. Vikings, even in Minny, shouldn't be that difficult.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

detroit will def be tough .... for some reason i worry about minny.