Post Week 14 Mock Draft(2 Rounds)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by LitesOut13, Dec 10, 2013.

1. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Back again to bring you another mock draft! This time I extended it to two rounds. Let me know your thoughts....

Round 1

1. Houston Texans- Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville
    No shock here right?? A new coaching staff will want to rebuild starting with their QB. Teddy should be the easy choice here.

2. St. Louis Rams(vis Was)- Jake Mattews, OL Texas A&M
    I believe the Rams will move this pick. But for now I believe they will use the pick to make build up their offensive line and taking the top lineman of the draft.

3. Atlanta Falcons- Jadeveon Clowney, DE South Carolina
    Easy pick here. Perhaps the top rated prospect will go to a team that desperately needs it.

4. Minnesota Vikings- Brett Hundley, QB UCLA
    Quarterbacks will start to fly off the shelf. The Vikings are in a position to get one and will do so and finally get a viable replacement for Ponder.

5. Oakland Raiders- Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M
    Im not a huge Manziel fan, but his stock is still high. The Raiders like to make a splash in the draft and I believe Manziel will be their guy.

6. Jacksonville Jaguars- Derek Carr, QB Fresno State
    The Jags don't have quite as high of a pick as they once did but still end up with one of the top QBs in this draft. Carr can step in and be a day 1 starter.

7. Cleveland Browns- Anthony Barr, LB UCLA
    I am almost certain the Browns will attempt to trade up, likely with the Rams. But for now, I don't expect them to reach on a QB and instead take best available. That would be Barr who is one of the top defensive prospects.

8. Buffalo Bills- Khalil Mack- LB Buffalo
    While the Bills do have a need at OL, but I believe they instead take a versatile LB that should help improve an already improving defense.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- CJ Mosley, LB Alabama
    LB isn't the biggest position of need but that shouldn't stop them from taking a player that can add a ton of leadership and playmaking to their defense.

10. Pittsburgh Steelers- Taylor Lewan, OL Michigan
    The Steelers biggest need is protecting Big Ben. Adding a top lineman should help give him time as well as improve their run game in the process.

11. Tennessee Titans- Louis Nix III, DT Notre Dame
    The Titans grab a big line stuffing defensive lineman. Nix can is a guy that can get into the backfield and help disrupt both the run and the pbutt.

12. St. Louis Rams- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S Alabama
    A big area of need for the Rams is at the safety position. The Rams can take advantage of having multiple draft picks by adding the best safety in this draft.

13. New York Giants- Cyrus Kouandjio, OL Alabama
    All season Eli has gotten little to no time in the pocket. Adding a top offensive lineman here should be priority number 1.

14. New York Jets- Sammy Watkins, WR Clemson
    The Jets have struggled all season at WR. Adding Watkins gives them a big time playmaker that they have been missing now for years.

15. San Diego Chargers- Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma State
    The Chargers have improved their offense and they should now look to improve the defense. With the WRs they face in the AFC West, they will look to add a solid corner to help slow them down.

16. Green Bay Packers- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB Oregon
    Another year the Packers offense has thrived while the defense has not. I believe the Packers add a CB that has solid coverage skills to go with good run stop ability.

17. Chicago Bears- Ra’Shede Hageman, DT Minnesota
    The Bears have been gashed in the run game all season. They should use this pick to add a big, physical defensive tackle that can help stop the run.

18. Dallas Cowboys- Cyril Richardson, OL Baylor
    Many believe the Cowboys should emphasize the defense with this pick. I believe they should focus more on protective their franchise QB. Richardson gives them a versatile lineman that can play inside or out.

19. Miami Dolphins- Cameron Erving, OL Florida State
    Does this need an explanation??

20. Arizona Cardinals- Antonio Richardson, OL Tennessee
    For years the Cardinals have failed to address their offensive line woes. I think that changes here as they grab their franchise LT.

21. Detroit Lions- Darqueze Dennard, CB Michigan State
    With a powerful offense and a great run defense the Lions are only missing one thing and that is a solid pass defense. Adding Dennard gives them the help they have been looking for.

22. Baltimore Ravens- Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
    The Ravens have greatly missed Boldin playing opposite of Smith. Mike Evans gives them another weapon for Flacco.

23. Philadelphia Eagles- Jason Verrett, CB TCU
    The Eagles have the offense and now need the defense to go with it. Verrett is a solid cover corner that should help their decent front seven.

24. Cleveland Browns(via Ind)- Cedric Ogbuehi, OL Texas A&M
    The Browns have given up the 2nd most sacks and are in the bottom 5 in rushing. They need to look to improve a terrible offensive line.

25. Carolina Panthers- Marqise Lee, WR USC
    For years the Panthers have searched for a WR to play opposite of Steve Smith. They should take the time to address that by adding a guy who, in my opinion, is the best WR of this clbutt.

26. San Francisco 49ers- Bradley Roby, CB Ohio State
    The 49ers have been searching for their answer at CB and have yet to find it. Roby has had is share of troubles this year but is the playmaking corner they have been looking for.

27. Cincinnati Bengals- Marcus Roberson, CB Florida
    There aren't many areas of need for the Bengals shockingly. With this pick they should look to add depth to an aging CB unit.

28. Kansas City Chiefs- Kelvin Benjamin, WR Florida State
    The Chiefs are another team that have very few holes. But one thing they have been missing is a playmaking WR to help Bowe. Benjamin is a big, tall, physical WR that can go up and make plays.

29. New England Patriots- Stephon Tuitt, DE Notre Dame
    The Patriots have a sub par running game since Wilfork went down. Tuitt is a guy that can play on the inside or outside of the defensive line and can make play everywhere.

30. New Orleans Saints- Trent Murphy, LB Stanford
    Murphy is a versatile LB that has flown up the draft boards lately. He is very versatile LB that should help the Saints all around.

31. Seattle Seahawks- Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt
    The Seahawks could use a corner here. Instead I believe they go with a playmaking WR that Wilson has been lacking since he has been there.

32. Denver Broncos- Will Sutton, DT Arizona State
    The Broncos could also use a corner but they also need a defensive lineman in the middle. Sutton is a disruptive DT that can stop the run and get to the QB.

Round 2

33. Houston Texans- Brandon Scherff, OL Iowa
    34. Atlanta Falcons- James Hurst, OL North Carolina
    35. Washington Redskins- David Yankey, OL Stanford
    36. Minnesota Vikings- Vic Beasley, DE Clemson
    37. Cleveland Browns- Blake Bortles, QB Central Florida
    38. Oakland Raiders- Donte Moncrief, WR Mississippi
    39. Buffalo Bills- Kony Ealy, DE Missouri
    40. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Morgan Moses, OL Virginia
    41. Jacksonville Jaguars- Dominique Easley, DE Florida
    42. Tennessee Titans- Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU
    43. New York Giants- Adrian Hubbard, LB Alabama
    44. St. Louis Rams- Loucheiz Purifoy, CB Florida
    45. Pittsburgh Steelers- Aaron Colvin, CB Oklahoma
    46. San Diego Chargers- Gabe Jackson, OL Mississippi
    47. New York Jets- Eric Ebron, TE North Carolina
    48. Green Bay Packers- Jace Amaro, TE Texas Tech
    49. Dallas Cowboys- Timmy Jernigan, DT Florida State
    50. Miami Dolphins- La’el Collins, OL LSU
    51. Chicago Bears- Greg Robinson, OL Auburn
    52. Arizona Cardinals- Zach Mettenberger, QB LSU
    53. Baltimore Ravens- Kyle Fuller, CB Virginia Tech
    54. Detroit Lions- Paul Richardson, WR Colorado
    55. Indianapolis Colts- Zach Martin, OL Notre Dame
    56. Philadelphia Eagles- Anthony Johnson, DT LSU
    57. San Francisco 49ers- Brandin Cooks, WR Oregon State
    58. Carolina Panthers- Seantrel Henderson, OL Miami
    59. Cincinnati Bengals- Scott Crichton, DE Oregon State
    60. San Francisco 49ers(via KC)- Ego Ferguson, DT LSU
    61. New Orleans Saints- Lamarcus Joyner, CB Florida State
    62. New England Patriots- Ka'Deem Carey, RB Arizona
    63. Seattle Seahawks- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Washington
    64. Denver Broncos- Max Bullough, LB Michigan State

Recap:

Arizona Cardinals- Antonio Richardson, OL. Zach Mettenberger, QB

Atlanta Falcons- Jadeveon Clowney, DE. James Hurts, OL

Baltimore Ravens- Mike Evans, WR. Kyle Fuller, CB

Buffalo Bills- Khalil Mack, LB. Kony Ealy, DE

Carolina Panthers- Marqise Lee, WR. Seantrel Henderson, OL

Chicago Bears- Ra’Shede Hageman, DT. Greg Robinson, OL

Cincinnati Bengals- Marcus Roberson, CB. Scott Crichton, DE

Cleveland Browns- Anthony Barr, LB. Cedric Ogbuehi, OL. Blake Bortles, QB.

Dallas Cowboys- Cyril Richardson, OL. Timmy Jernigan, DT

Denver Broncos- Will Sutton, DT. Max Bullough, LB

Detroit Lions- Darqueze Dennard, CB. Paul Richardson, WR

Green Bay Packers- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB. Jace Amaro, TE

Houston Texans- Teddy Bridgewater, QB. Brandon Scherff, OL

Indianapolis Colts- Zach Martin, OL

Jacksonville Jaguars- Derek Carr, QB. Dominique Easley, DE

Kansas City Chiefs- Kelvin Benjamin, WR.

Miami Dolphins- Cameron Erving, OL. La’el Collins, OL

Minnesota Vikings- Brett Hundley, QB. Vic Beasley, DE

New England Patriots- Stephon Tuitt, DE. Ka'Deem Carey, RB

New York Jets- Sammy Watkins, WR. Eric Ebron, TE

New York Giants- Cyrus Kouandjio, OL. Adrian Hubbard, LB

New Orleans Saints- Trent Murphy, LB. Lamarcus Joyner, CB

Oakland Raiders- Johnny Manziel, QB. Donte Moncrief, WR

Philadelphia Eagles- Jason Verrett, CB. Anthony Johnson, DT

Pittsburgh Steelers- Taylor Lewan, OL. Aaron Colvin, CB

San Diego Chargers- Justin Gilbert, CB. Gabe Jackson, OL

San Francisco 49ers- Bradley, Roby, CB. Brandin Cooks, WR. Ego Ferguson, DT

Seattle Seahawks- Jordan Matthews, WR. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE

St. Louis Rams- Jake Matthews, OL. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S. Loucheiz Purifoy, CB

Tampa Bay Buccaneers- CJ Mosley, LB. Morgan Moses, OL

Tennessee Titans- Louis Nix III, DT. Kyle Van Noy, LB

Washington Redskins- David Yankey, OL

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I kind of have a hard time with the Rams choice...they just spent a bunch on Jake Long, Barksdales been pretty decent on the other side, moving Saffold in has worked out well for them...I think youre right in that they'd be best served moving the pick, but if they do stay they could really use more help elsewhere. Hell, I'd be of the opinion that they would do better to grab one of the QB's over Mathews. Bradford's certainly upgradeable.

3. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Ya the Rams are hard to gauge. I don't think anyone knows how much they like Bradford. If we ever figure that out then it would make predicting their picks easier.

Assuming they like Bradford, which I think they do, OL is still somewhat of a need for them. They have Long but I feel like the rest is average.

I don't think they need a LB or DE at all since they have Lauranaitis, Long, Quinn, and Ogletree. I also don't seem them taking a WR high again. There isn't a RB worth taking that high. I almost think OL is the best available plus they could always use the help

4. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

As I have stated before,I'm not so sure the Vikings take a QB in Rd1.I am starting to believe that they will go after Cutler in free agency because AP isn't getting younger and they need to win now! This would then enable them more flexibility in the draft.
    They could go CB/DE or CB/OL or even OL/DE.They would more likely take a QB in the 3rd as a development guy.I also believe they should keep Cassel,as then he & Cutler could tutor the rookie.
    It sure is fun to speculate and throw around ideas though :)

5. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

popping in for my weekly reminder that we won't draft OL first.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I could definitely see them drafting a WR high again, maybe not at #2, but it's as glaring a need as they have, especially if they want to give Bradford his best chance to succeed. Austin's had flashes but the rest is a mess. Every Rams game I watched this year had me cringing at the receivers consistently straight up dropping insane amounts of easily catchable balls. Poor Bradford couldnt have done any more. They're dying for a big, reliable receiver, and would be big trouble in the West if they got one.

7. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I definitely agree thats a huge need. Just dont think they do it at the top like that.

I see them trading back with most likely Cleveland and getting either their 1st or 2nd round pick(more likely their 2nd). In which case they would use on of those picks for sure on WR. I could also just as easily change their 2nd round pick to a WR instead of CB as there are some solid ones available there

8. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

haha and you know I always love hearing from you!!

Hypothetically though, if it does end up this way what would you think?

9. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

If they go get Cutler, this would certainly change. I see other teams making a push for Cutler too so its hard to predict. I could see him in Tennessee as well. Maybe even Houston.

If they dont get a QB, I dont see them passing on QB. They can get one of the top ones there and if they can still land a guy like Beasley in the 2nd that would be huge!

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Only chance it happens is if Banner/Lombardi identify the guy they think is the franchise QB who won't be available when they pick. But if that's the case, no price is too high.

I'm not sure who that person is at #2. If Teddy falls and they think he's the guy, sure. I've been meaning to take a closer look at Hundley, I liked what I saw from him earlier this year. But I don't think Carr or Manziel can go that high. I particularly don't want Manziel on my team if it takes a first round pick.

11. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

hypothetically, i don't care who it is. if we go OL in the first round, i'm not happy.

12. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Agree on Manziel, not Carr though. I really like him. I also have heard the Browns really like him too. I think getting Hundley or Carr would be huge for the Browns

13. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Well im not asking what position you want in which round. Im asking if you end up with Jernigan, why do you care?? Your whole beef is they need DL help right?? So they get a top 3 DL in this draft all while helping their OL at the same time. Honestly not sure how any Cowboys fan could hate this draft.

But, you dont want OL in the first so no matter what you will hate it

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they got a qb coming back after an acl tear so it makes sense that they would do this.

15. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Ya their first priority should be getting Bradford protection. It will also help improve their run game. They arent terrible running the ball but inconsistent

16. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

With Jerry calling the shots,anything is possible!