Miami Dolphins Reportedly Will Trade OL Jonathan Martin To The Highest Bidder This Offseason

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by DontKnowMe, Dec 11, 2013.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Really, that's seems to be the only way this saga can play out. Even if you believe if Martin is the victim of constant harassment in the Dolphins' locker room, it would be uncomfortable and a major distraction if he returned next season.

Yahoo Sports

2. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Re: Miami Dolphins Reportedly Will Trade OL Jonathan Martin To The Highest Bidder This Offseaso

Edmonton Eskimos are calling I hear...

I am just kidding. There is no way he goes back to Miami, there are quite a few HC that can shape that kid up the right way. Off the top of my head, Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, Arians (Peterson has a good thing going there in the locker room), I Think he has a future just needs to be a perfect HC.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Re: Miami Dolphins Reportedly Will Trade OL Jonathan Martin To The Highest Bidder This Offseaso

Regardless of talent, he's a huge risk for a team to shell out big bucks IMO.

He's proven, no matter how 'brutally' he may have been treated, that he's a potentially thin skinned player who hasn't flourished in an NFL locker room that aren't Sunday school settings.

Personally don't see the risk/reward benefit especially that the media would be camped out & scrutinizing every interaction that goes on trying to find an 'angle' for story lines.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I know a guy who coached him in college that would probably know how to handle him.

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Highest bidder? Far from Pro-Bowl caliber regardless of the other stuff.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He was rated the worst starting tackle, I'll be happy with a turkey sandwich.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Who is giving up a Turkey Sandwich for a crap show distraction like that?!? Knowing that the Dolphins can't cut h without facing a major lawsuit to follow...

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

You will also each be receiving a coupon for half-off mozzarella stics at TGI Fridays

mj1987us26 and ICECOLD like this.
  9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Yep, if he was a great player on the fields, he would be worth something even with the distraction but he's not, so I'mnot sure he is worth anything

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

who has to shell out big bucks? a second round player contract isnt bad, if it doesnt work out then oh well, if it does they have a potential LT.

Id offer a 6th for him

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

No one should shell out big bucks. He's not worth a bidding war on ebay let alone 1 in the NFL IMO.

That being said, if someone wants to take a risk of more BS like this that would put their team under the media/NFL microscope daily for a 'potential' decent lineman who has a sensitive side...have at it.

Kinda like when crazy people find each other. Keeps them grouped up than scattered all over.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he'll end up being cut and claimed on waivers.would not be shocked if he did not join the growing clusterheck in washington.

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The Raiders philosophy of building a team during the 90's and 2000's.

Thanks for saying this, Diesel. You saved the rest of us non-fans the time in doing it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  14. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Sounds like a Baalke special to me

15. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

If he is rated as the worst tackle in football right now, I hear Wal-Mart is hiring sweepers.

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wonder if someone will actually want this snitch. Baby