Chad Johnson to race a horse for charity

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by yisman, Jun 1, 2007.

1. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070531/SPT/705310330/1022

had Johnson to race horse at River Downs

Twenty-four years after Cris Collinsworth first raced a horse, another high-profile Bengals wide receiver will take on the challenge.

For the benefit of his favorite charity, "Feed The Children," Chad Johnson will race a horse on June 9, River Downs officials said Wednesday. The race, billed as "Man vs. Beast," will be the feature race of the day at River Downs and simulcast to more than 400 outlets across the country and in South America.

Track officials said the race will take place on the turf course. The horse, a 4-year-old colt named Restore the Road trained by Ivan Vasquez and owned by Patricia Genn, will break from the inside at the eighth pole. Johnson will break from the outside rail going 1/16th of a mile (110 yards).

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Sounds like a job for GIF's bookies :D

3. jagfangirl27

jagfangirl27 Queen bitch of all that

Chad Johnson riding a horse? Next thing you know, TO will be riding a bengal tiger.

4. yisman

not riding. racing.

5. yisman

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Chad Johnson got a head start without having to jump offside, and beat his coverage to the goal line again.

The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver was waiting at the finish line when Restore the Roar arrived at the end of his one-eighth-mile gallop. That's right: Johnson raced a horse Saturday and easily won.

Johnson was spotted a 100-meter lead -- roughly about half the distance the horse had to cover in the race for charity. And when it was over, Johnson, as usual, was anything but humble. He sounded ready to take on boxing, basketball and NASCAR.

"Floyd Mayweather, you're next," Johnson said. "I want to fight you. I'd like to take Kobe and LeBron one-on-one. Jeff Gordon, we can take a couple laps. ... Now it's my time to take over the race world."

The 4-year-old colt's jockey, P.J. Cooksey, rode a horse that beat former Bengals receiver Cris Collinsworth in 1993. She sounded more impressed with Johnson's speed.

"He's quick," Cooksey said. "He's a fast man. That was phenomenal. When I looked over at him, all I could see were his legs; they looked like a windmill. He was a blur. I was beat bad."

6. yisman

pretty unfair race, though. 100 meter head start?

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I bet Ocho Cinco can't beat me at pac-man :D (I'm talking about the videogame, not "making it rain" :lol:)

8. yisman

I bet he can't beat me at any of the arcade games, not that that has to do with anything.

9. ChrisG

ChrisG Light it up

Ok Chad, now how about a steel cage match with a Bengal Tiger? :cool:

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

That has PPV written all over it and I have $49.95 in my hand ready to pay!

11. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Leave it to a Bengal to cheat to win. :p