Greg Maddux won't be unanimous Hall Of Fame selection

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Greg Maddux won't be a unanimous selection for the Hall of Fame.

Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, a former reporter for the Los Angeles Herald Examiner, says the only player he voted for was pitcher Jack Morris. Morris is on the Baseball Writers' Association of America ballot for the 15th and final time after falling 42 votes shy last year.

Gurnick said Tuesday that he excluded "everybody from the steroid era."

"I just don't know who did and who didn't," Gurnick said, adding: "Some people quibble over when the era starts, but the bulk of his career was in my opinion well before all of the widespread use of performance-enhancing drugs."

Source: Continue Reading

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Are you freaking kidding? This guy is an ignorant freaking pr**k. Maddux was a stud his whole career based on location. He never threw 95,he never over powered anyone. To think he used is freaking stupid. This writer is being a dumbbutt.

Omen likes this.
  3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Jack Morris doesn't even deserve to be in the Hall, let alone the lone vote on someones ballot. HOF voting is freaking goobered.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

This why I hate baseball HoF the let no name sports writers with an agenda to vote.

They didn't call him mad dog for craps and giggles. Dude was a beast

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

No one has been an unanimous vote so why start now? It's not like Maddux was the greatest pitcher ever.

6. DanielBurch

DanielBurch 2nd String

if Morris gets in then Andy Pettitte may get in one day. If we forgive the steroid users anyway, which we should.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

all the sports writers in every sport love being god for a day every year when they get together and vote who is in and who is out from the various halls of fame.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ballots are freaking stupid. If a guy deserves to be in, he should be in...not wait freaking 12 years for some butthole writer that may not have seen the player play vote him in...