Xenforo - Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by 86WARD, Dec 14, 2013.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I follow the Cardinals forum. Right now it is littered with deleted thread titles deleted by others. How can I permanently delete them just to clean it up? I attempted the delete function via the dropdown, but they won't delete. Do I need permission?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

So what is happening is when we delete from the queue, they are not being permanently deleted?

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Seems like that's the issue. Wonder if there's an option to make it where a story that is deleted is deleted permanently in the admin panel.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I deleted 500+ threads that were taking up space...@markaz...it should look a little more clean at the moment.

5. markaz

Whatever you did seemed to do the trick. Is this an admin function or should mods be able to delete perm. as well?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think mods should be able to do as well...I just went in and permanently deleted them one by one...

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

How are you guys cfreaking for duplicate posts and what makes the cut/gets deleted?

8. markaz

Those that are already posted in a forum I merely look at the number of views and replies. If something's been posted for 48 hours and has 0 or 1 reply, I delete it. For those in the Moderation Queue it's a crapshoot. If the story appears to have some element of controversy, I approve it. Those that are retrospective and are merely the opinion of the author, I nuke it. Any story that is reporting something that affects the entire NFL I'll usually approve it.

Cfreaking for duplicates is tedious. Quite frankly Steve, I'm a little confused as to the destination forum of most stories and the reason if I post a story that even mentions a team or a player I will post in that team's forum. The tedious part for me is doing an Advanced Search with one or two keywords, uncheck the Child's Forum and setting the Newer Than parameter back two (2) weeks. That nearly always find dupes, but it takes time if there's quite a few stories to check.

If someone's got a "system" that is more efficient with less variability, I'd like to see it. Just a lot of personal opinion/biases/likes and dislikes involved right now.....and maybe that's a good thing.

9. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

MarkAZ, you should be able to delete the threads now, as well as Omen, Sportbuy and the other non-admin mods

I'm also going to find new feeds that don't duplicate post so much..

10. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

@Kurt what new feeds are you thinking off.

I know I am new with Kurt and the team, but from my previous experience in forums we need independent bloggers to post their stuff on here, they can post 1/2 their article and link the remaining to their blog. It gives them free exposure and gives us (usually) very interesting threads. I am working hard on getting some on here. I have been absent for personal reasons but am back now and will make this my number one priority if this is okay with all?

11. Kurt

Hey Jad, Im working to get us some writers here =) If you find any, GREAT!

12. LebaneseFF

I have one baseball blogger ready to go, not ideal but I know he is consistent and posts great stuff. plus big market baseball team (yankees)

13. Kurt

EXCELLENT

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

What the heck is with this auto-censoring bulljunk. Not acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    86WARD likes this.
  15. LebaneseFF

Kurt had to do it just for a while. - It will not last long.
    Thanks for understanding.

16. Kurt

@Walnuts I hate it man.. it won't last for long.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    ragman and Walnuts like this.
  17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Second the bullcrap.

Aussie61 likes this.
  18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Fair enough, motherfreakers.

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I wasn't aware that p**is is a bad word. Not since I was 4 at least. Come on man.

20. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

The censoring seems sort of random...