Ken Whisenhunt to be Tennessee Titans new head coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by Sportsguy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Ken Whisenhunt has accepted an offer to become the next coach of the Tennessee Titans, the team announced Monday.

"This is a big day for this franchise," Titans president/CEO Tommy Smith said in a statement. "Ken is a well-respected coach in this league and I am looking forward to seeing his vision become reality for this team."

Whisenhunt was completing his duties Monday as the San Diego Chargers' offensive coordinator after the team was eliminated Sunday in the AFC divisional round by the Denver Broncos. The Detroit Lions had planned to send their team plane to San Diego in an effort to further evaluate Whisenhunt, but sources say Whisenhunt asked them to put those plans on hold until he was finished with his season-ending business with the Chargers.

Source: Continue Reading

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Assuming Jake Locher is the QB of the Titans' future, Ken must have more confidence in his on-field performance than Matthew Safford. Ken needs a solid QB running the show vs. so-so QB as proven in AZ.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I've heard money played a part, in that Detroit didn't want to overpay. Don't understand otherwise why he would choose Tennessee instead.

4. krfire

krfire Team Veteran

Not to pick on Detroit, but its going to be tough for whomever takes the head coaches position there. Sorry but they are still the same old Lions.

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Heck...I'll pick on the Lions. Detroit seemed like the perfect fit for Whiz and shame on them if they didn't want to part with the bucks. Look at what Whiz did for Rivers and he could possibly do the same for the overhyped and overpaid Stafford. Maybe the Lions will go after Lane Kiffin. He'd dump his new Alabama OC job in a heartbeat and they could remain a mediocre team with tons of potential.