Tommy Lasorda says Alex Rodriguez 'trying to ruin game'

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Tommy Lasorda, who managed the Los Angeles Dodgers to two World Series titles, did not mince words when asked about Alex Rodriguez's 162-game suspension.

"He should have gotten more," Lasorda said Tuesday at a Baseball Assistance Team charity event in Manhattan. "What he's done? He's trying to ruin the game. You can't do that.

"He's going to keep on trying to do something, but he's got a suspension. He should just sit back and fill it out."

Lasorda also said steroid cheats never should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

He said he is particularly upset because he once presumed A-Rod was clean.

"I was thinking, 'At least this guy is doing it legitimately,' and then find out he wasn't," Lasorda said. "That really turned my opinion of him."

Lasorda's godson Mike Piazza recently fell short of election to the Hall of Fame in his second year of eligibility. He is among an entire era of players getting penalized for the widespread steroid usage at that time.

Source: ESPN New York

2. DanielBurch

DanielBurch 2nd String

Because he is the only one that did steroids... right.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He's the only one that not just taking his medicine and moving on. He's taking the Lance Armstrong route. Sue everyone until they believe me.

DaBears22 likes this.
  4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Then he'll have a heartfelt confession with Oprah.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Smart move by A-Roid to drop his appeal and all his lawsuits.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Still don't like him. Never thought of him as a good player. Don't really follow the game over the past 10 years but never saw how he made so much money.

7. Steve12

He's always pretty much been a rod, but to say he wasn't a good player isn't right. The dude was one of, if not the best player in baseball the last decade.

8. Buck Fenson

how much of that was drug related? All athletes have good hand eye coordination. So the PHD would give him more strength to hit the ball farther and some faster speed to get to the ball. If he wasn't juiced up, how good would he have been?

9. Steve12

That I couldn't tell you. But the same question could be asked of a crapload of players in the last 20-30 years. Who did it? Who didn't? It's impossible to know.

10. Buck Fenson

it is hard. but you can take an older photo and compare it to them at their height. Like Bonds and McGuire. Going from skinny to totally ripped big headed people. My Lord. Their freaking cranium is large.

11. Steve12

True dat. Bonds' transformation is insane. It's kind of sad for him, because he would have been insanely good even if he never did roids.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

A-Roid already admitted to doing PEDs when he was in Texas. I think it's only a matter of time before he admits doing PEDs as a Yankee too.

13. Buck Fenson

I believe he has taken them since day one and has continued to take them in one form or another. He has the money to hire some shady lab to hook him up with some as of yet untraceable form of peds.

side note: peds always makes me think of pedophile.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

i'm sure he's telling the truth that he only did them in texas.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  15. Buck Fenson

I would imagine that he would continue to deny any involvement in peds until he dies or goes into the HOF. Which ever comes first.