Cowboys Hire Scott Linehan To Call Offensive Plays

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by DaBears22, Jan 27, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The Dallas Cowboys' coaching situation gets stranger by the day. Defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin isn't going anywhere, but owner Jerry Jones has made an adjustment to the offensive staff.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that former Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan interviewed for a position on the Cowboys' offensive staff and was hired Monday to call plays, according to a Cowboys source. In fact, the Cowboys were so sure they were going to hire Linehan that he participated in team meetings, in essence joining the staff on the fly, Rapoport reported.

A source close to Bill Callahan, who called the plays last season, said the offensive coordinator would be "annoyed" if Linehan was hired. Rapoport is told the Cowboys will not let Callahan out of his contract even though Linehan has been hired.

Source: NFL.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...

3. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Hope Linehan can fix our defense.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

JJ's gonna keep this up until they win a SuperBowl and he can have the last laugh. Too bad I'll be dead by the time that happens and won't be able to see it.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So let me get this straight...

We have an offense-oriented Head Coach.

We have an offensive coordinator.

And now we have a guy whose only job will be to call the plays? I hope his headset doesn't connect to Jerry's luxury box...

All of that after we just had the worst defense in franchise history.

Man, that Jerry sure knows what he's doing, uh?

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Wonder if this is a Jason hire, since he and Linehan worked together in Miami in 2005. Maybe Jerry is loosening the reins a little? No, can't be.

Heard this morning that Kiffin MAYBE is moving down and Eberflus is MAYBE moving up. Stay tuned.

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

there isnt a big enough hand for this facepalm

Lddbck likes this.
  8. ragman

I imagine that the anti-Romo camp is not going to be happy about this hire. I ready today in the Dallas Morning News that in the five years that Linehan was in Detroit, the Lions never ran the ball more than 40% of the time in any one season.

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

But they used the Rbs coming out the back field a lot more. AnD they found ways to get the ball to megatrin all the time.

I think I BIll C is on his way out.

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Callahan gets sold short. He was hired to be the OL coach, PFF graded the OL at #4 this year. If your throwing him under the bus for an unbalanced offense, why hire Linehan?

Like Mike said, not enough palm.....

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

He's a scape goat

12. ragman

IMO, one of JJ's many problems is that he hates to hurt people's feelings. Fans saw this when Wade was the HC and JG was the OC and HC in waiting. Fans saw this again when there was the position battle between Jenkins and Scandrick. Now, here it is again between Callahan, Kiffin, Marinelli, and Linehan. I'm hearing that Callahan is not happy about this at all. He wasn't happy last year, by all accounts.