Cowboys rework deals for Romo, Lee, Scandrick

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by DontKnowMe, Mar 5, 2014.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

The Dallas Cowboys are close to getting under the salary cap after restructuring the contracts of quarterback Tony Romo, linebacker Sean Lee and cornerback Orlando Scandrick.
    The adjustment on the six-year, $108 million extension Romo signed last year will save Dallas about $10 million on the salary cap, while the conversions on Lee and Scandrick will cut about $7 million. Lee and Scandrick got new contracts last year as well.

Yahoo.com

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All it does is move the due payments to 2015 or the following years. There's a reason Ware's contract is "unrestructurable" (if that's even a word).

That's the Jerry way.

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Robbing from Peter to pay Paul. There is gonna have to come a time where the Cowboys are gonna have to pony up the money. Then say hello to the Dave Campo years again. Hello 4-12... FML

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Apparently, Ware gave the Cowboys an ultimatum: "trade me, cut me or keep me but make up your mind before Free Agency starts". Anybody knows how that is going?

5. Agent Zero

Just reported that Ware was released per NFL.com. Damn.. Didn't think Jerry had it in him to do it.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Would have been nice to keep him at a lowered salary, but I dont blame him for not taking it. Someone is gonna give him 25 million guarenteed.

Problem is he is aging fast and hasnt been the same the last two years

7. Agent Zero

I hate to see him go. But I believe this was the best move. Championship teams build from the draft and stay YOUNG.
    Could this be a new and improved Jerry Jones? Old Jerry would've broke the bank to keep him. This move has me intrigued..

8. Jihad Joe

This is a Stephan Jones move IMO

Agent Zero likes this.
  9. Agent Zero

Either way I like it. The only down side is, we have to hit on at least 3 or 4 draft picks. If we flop this year in the draft we might be in trouble.

10. Jihad Joe

We may still sign Spencer to a short term deal. Buys us a little time and he was better then Ware in 2012

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Keep pushing it on down the line...gonna end up freaked off and burning up in cap hell with tons of dead money one of these years

12. Jihad Joe

We wont sign Spencer long term. Probably a 1 year deal

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Me either. The question is, where does DW go? Anyone hear any rumors about who may sign him?

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I heard he's headed to the CFL.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Maybe JJ's learned his lesson about giving out huge contracts for older players. However, I wouldn't bet my house on it. LOL!

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Denver is what I've read

17. Jihad Joe

Denver would be a good place for him

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Denvers pulling a Yankees and trying to buy a championship.

markaz likes this.
  19. Jihad Joe

One more run for Peyton.

Ware will be worth it for a year, maybe 2. I think he has 2 10 sacks left in him.

Problem is he'll be a burden once that team has to rebuild

20. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

This ^^ times 10. Could only give you one Like.