New Orleans Saints Potential First Round Selections

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by gohlmeyer, Apr 7, 2014.

1. gohlmeyer

gohlmeyer Rookie

With the twenty seventh pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Saints could go in many different directions. Recent offseason moves show that the Saints are in a win now mentality, so they will probably try to get someone in the first round that can come in and contribute as soon as possible. Just as […]

Read the whole post here.

2. spstromain

spstromain Starter

i'd be down with ford or verrett. hoping we grab a WR on the 2nd day.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

4. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Biggest dream scenario I have ever seen! I dont think Matthews will be there in the 2nd, Smith in the 3rd, or Swanson in the 4th. Hurst and Thomas could be gone already too.

But to your first point, they dont need to trade up at all. CB is deep this year. They could get Jason Verrett where they are or Stanley Jean-Baptise in the 2nd

Aussie61 likes this.
  5. Buck Fenson

Jason is a smallish corner. While fiesty and can ball, no doubt about that, I would prefer a bigger corner. If he was a few inches taller, he would be a top 10 pick even in this draft. Prayers to the Almighty are being tossed up at another message board like he is the second coming of the Messiah but just something about him screams scrum.

6. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I have Verrett ranked as the #1 CB in this draft. Small or not, he sticks to WRs like glue and makes up for lack of size with a 40" vert

Aussie61 likes this.
  7. Buck Fenson

Damn. That is high.

8. gohlmeyer

gohlmeyer Rookie

I'm not a fan of Dennard. I feel he gets exposed when he doesn't play press. I would really rather Kyle Fuller than Dennard. Gilbert is on another level though. They would have to trade up a ton to get Gilbert.

9. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I dont think Gilbert or Dennard are on another level. Both have flaws and could be exposed in the wrong coverage. Verrett is the guy who can play man, press, zone, etc.

But if you make me choose between Dennard and Gilbert, I go with Dennard. He has more ability to shut a WR down. Not many were able to beat his press and how physical he is at the line

10. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I would be stunned if Barr was still available at #27.I think he could be gone at #8 to the Vikings,depending if Mack is still available.

11. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I agree. But I guess opinions vary big time. Some people see him as a top 10 guy in the draft while others dont like him at all

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm higher.

Aussie61 and Buck Fenson like this.
  13. Buck Fenson

share bro