Bears sign Jared Allen 4 year deal

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by LebaneseFF, Mar 26, 2014.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...llen-chooses-chicago-bears-agrees-4-year-deal

The Chicago Bears and free agent defensive end Jared Allen have agreed to a four-year contract, the team announced Wednesday.

Allen also was known to have visited the Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks during free agency.

He was accompanied on his second visit to Seattle by his wife, family members and his agent last week but left Seahawks headquarters and returned to his family offseason home in Arizona without finalizing a contract or otherwise committing to join the defending Super Bowl champions.

Hannah Foslien/Getty ImagesJared Allen is leaving Minnesota for NFC North rival Chicago.
    Allen, who will be 32 in April, put himself in Hall of Fame consideration in six years with the Minnesota Vikings, making four Pro Bowls and being named a first-team All-Pro three times.

He posted 85.5 sacks in those six seasons, nearly breaking Michael Strahan's single-season record in 2011 and finishing with double-digit sacks each season he was with the Vikings. The team did not offer Allen a contract extension before the final year of his deal, however, and weighed the possibility of trading Allen at the deadline last October.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Wow, I actually gave up on this happening a week ago. Welcome to Chicago!

3. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

I was highly pleased when I first heard this news. He terrorized Chicago for years in Minnesota and I always wished he would don a Bears uniform and now he will. Jared Allen is probably one of the top DE in the league but since he's been buried on a lacking Vikings team the past few years he was kind of the forgotten man for a bit. With Peppers in a Slacker uniform now we needed a replacement and honestly I feel that we upgraded a bit in the department. I look forward to the start of this season to see Allen operate on a top notch defense and witness him terrorize QB's and bask in his signature calf tying celebratory dance. Go Bears Go!!!!

DaBearsrule4ever likes this.