Why The Browns Won't Select A QB At #4

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Castilla, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

The Cleveland Browns are in an enviable position, with three of the first 35 draft selections, and five of the first 85. For a team in need of talent across the board, they’ll have many chances to plug holes. This could be a turning point for the franchise if they nail these picks. […]

Read the whole post here.

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

At the end of the day is there really a QB in this draft worthy of a #4 (franchise) pick? IMO, no. While OT's are as much of a crap shoot as QB's, the Browns would be better served going this direction vs. a 2-3 year project. Seems like every year the draft is a potential turning point for the Brownies.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not even close to a #4 pick IMO.

4. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

@ Markaz, if the Browns play their cards right, this draft could really change their fortunes. They already have some talent in place, if they can hit on at least 3 or 4 of these 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds, then they'll have something.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Taking an OT would be the worse move they could make. A team in need of as much talent as they do, that high a pick on a player that would play RT his entire contract and well into his second would be more wastefull then drafting a QB that high

They will have either Watkins or Mack on the board at #4, and if Bortles doesnt slip thats where they should go

6. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

Mack would be my choice, personally.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Mack and Mingo would be nasty. Mack you be the perfect strong side 3-4 OLB with his ability to play the run and pass

8. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

If the Browns want a Quarterback, I bet the Redskins would let them take Kirk Cousins off their hands for the right price. In a Draft as deep as this one, Washington might even part with their backup for as low as a third round pick.

9. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

Something tells me the 'Skins will hold onto Cousins. At least until they get a full season out of RG3.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

That is about what they could get for him,but unless they want to trade gordon straight up for him,and the browns ain't dumb enough to offer that.
    I really do not see cousins going anywhere unless somebody offers the skin a godfather type deal.

11. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

I don't see a Cousins deal getting done for anything less than a 2nd rounder.