Rookies To Avoid--Predicting the Biggest Busts of 2014

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Chris Maurice, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Chris Maurice

Chris Maurice Rookie

Not every rookie drafted to the NFL lives up to the hype they received coming out of college. This past NFL season saw many rookies fall short of expectations, including the first overall pick Eric Fisher (offensive tackle, Kansas City Chiefs) and third overall selection Dion Jordan (defensive end, Miami Dolphins). This past draft was full of talent, but the question on everyone’s mind is which rookie will be this year’s biggest disappointment. Only time will tell, but here’s a list of five first rounders who just may end up with that dreaded title: 1. Dee Ford, 23rd overall, Kansas City Chiefs: Looks like the […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

wow. if you are suggesting that after one year those players will be busts, I don't know. Bortles will be sitting a year regardless, Jacksonville already said they are wanting him to sit so I can't count that as a possible bust. The only real potential long term bust will be Manziel. Sammy Watkins will be playing in the wasteland called Buffalo. Most defensive linemen take a while to get their feet under them so Dee Ford should have some leeway.

3. Chris Maurice

Chris Maurice Rookie

No. Very sorry for the confusion. No one is considered a bust after only one season. Basically I'm saying these are the rookies who despite all the hype aren't going to do much at all this season. Watkins will go on to have a great career, but I don't expect it to start in In Buffalo this year.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

got cha. usually most rookies don't make an impact their first year. you have some freaks who do but usually there is a learning curve. Still, you was on the money(pun intended) with Manziel.