The Official Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

For todays game: We dominated the game, but again failed at scoring. This is something, that need to be addressed

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

For Suarez or Suh? not sure about Suh, read something about 2 games, but had more in mind

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

come to thinkk of it ... both of them should get a year's suspension.

as far as germany not scoring more today ? i think it will be different in the knockout round.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Would have been a good sign toward all those punks

I hope so. It was not only an issue in todays game, we had the same problem vs Ghana. Putting pressure on the opponent, had an massive advantage in the time of posession and shots on the goal

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Germany aren't scoring because they playing this bullcrap false 9 crap. Play Klose/Muller/Podolski as a pure striker and they'll bang them in for fun. Just overcomplicating crap for the sake of it.

Aussie61 likes this.
  6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Löw earned a lot of criticism for playing Müller as single forwarder. Hope he will involve Klose and Podolski more in the next round

Aussie61 likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Here we go. Knock out phase:

Round of 16:

Brazil vs. Chile
    Colombia vs. Uruguay

Netherlands vs. Mexico
    Costa Rica vs. Greece

France vs. Nigeria
    Argentina vs. Switzerland

Germany vs. Algeria
    Belgium vs. USA

My picks: Brazil, Colombia, NO CONTEST, Greece, France, Argentina, Germany, Belgium.

I don't have the guts to pick in the Netherlands vs. Mexico game. Sorry.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

So... US is screwed?

Who's the top dog remaining? Germany, Argentina?

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Maybe France and Brazil as well.

If Netherlands make it past Mexico, they'll be the champions.

There, I said it...

I think this is unfair. This should be like the playoffs or something, not random crosses between groups. For example, if we ranked all the teams from 1 to 32, group crosses be damned, these would be the round of 16 games:

(1) Netherlands vs. (16) Ecuador (knocks off Greece, which would be ranked 17)
    (2) Colombia vs. (15) Nigeria
    (3) Argentina vs. (14) USA
    (4) Belgium vs. (13) Algeria
    (5) France vs. (12) Uruguay
    (6) Brazil vs. (11) Switzerland
    (7) Germany vs. (10) Chile
    (8) Costa Rica vs. (9) Mexico

It's ducked up that Mexico had a very good first round, and now gets to play the best team in the Cup. FIFA sucks.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

No curb stomping here...on to the next round...where the curb stomping could take place.

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

:D
    Playoffs? How long are you going to stretch we WC? Why not having something like "best of 7" for the 2 top teams at the end?

12. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

My picks for next round: Brazil,Netherlands,Colombia,Costa Rica,France,Argentina,Germany,Belgium.
    Argentina wins the world cup..best outsider Colombia.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I know Belgium is undefeated in group play, but they haven't been in a WC since 2002.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

still going to be tough for the US though. TJ i'm rooting for mexico eventhough i work for a dutch company.

or maybe that is why i'm rooting for mexico.

Omen likes this.
  15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

This group wasn't half as tough as our group was, so the odds ain't that bad

16. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

But they were playing in world cups long before Americans even knew what soccer was!

ollysj and andy82 like this.
  17. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Netherlands has never won a World Cup,and a European country has never won a World Cup in South America.I don't see these 2 facts changing.

18. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

The history means jackcrap. Belgium being sub-standard in a garbage group is the factor that counts for the Yanks.

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Colombia had an awesome goal in the first half.

20. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Steve12 likes this.