The Official Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

you know what? I tried to watch soccer. I really did. But I came up with one observation. Different countries like to make fun of the US because of our crapty play. But they better be glad we don't give a crap for that ducked up sport as a whole. Because if the States ever becomes enamored enough to care, we will dominate the sport. But at least it gives other countries a warm feeling when they can beat the US in something.

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You forgot to play the "everybody hates us"-card <yawn>
    You can't imagne how many fun contires here make fun of each other, when they do bad at the EC/WC. This year Italy, England and Spain earned alot of mockery, last WC it was France, after they failed to make it in the round of 16, next time it might be us. Grow a pair dude.....

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Ollysj. Since it is a slow time for our football knowledge I am just patrolling the threads looking for something that is at least sorta interesting that I can make a stupid sarcastic remark to make myself feel better because I have such an interesting life that I find solace here at this site. HERE AT THIS SITE. That should tell you all you need to know about my life. We suck at soccer and always will. I was being sarcastic when I said everyone hates us. Hell, if it was not for us, the world would be speaking German right now. Everyone loves our meddling ass. And I do have a pair. quite large in fact.
    [​IMG]

Steve12 likes this.
  4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You're overrating the US a little bit. It was more the alliance between the USA, England, Canada, Russia, Australia, etc. that did the job back then.
    Looks painful :D

Back to soccer, not much chances for El Tri in todays 1st game. The second one is a tough call, but I would say Costa Rica beats Greece

Buck Fenson likes this.
  5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'll probably regret this later, but I'm not hugely sold on the Dutch. I think the Mexicans will give them a good test, and who knows, they may finally break through the glass ceiling of second round failure.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You wasn't that wrong @andy82
    Mexico played a great game and it would have been great, if the Oranjes had lost

7. andy82

Absolutely gutted that the Mexicans got screwed out of the World Cup again.

Love how this Cup is going though, everyone is looking pretty vulnerable and at this stage, anybody could win it (Except America, they aren't winning).

Buck Fenson likes this.
  8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Lol at everyone singaling America out. The one sport we play internationally that we haven't won or dominated at some point and everyone makes sure to focus on it.

Costa Rica and Greece in penalty kicks right now. Penalty kicks suck.

Omen likes this.
  9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

After a borefest, the game finally turned out into a thriller that ended in a penalty shootout.
    The coach of Greece is a pain in the ass, but to eject him after the OT was over, was just ridicolous.
    Glad Costa Rica won tho :D

Today, I go with the European teams

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

such a bullcrap way for that game to end for mexico.

TJ and ollysj like this.
  11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

France made it into the round of 8
    Can't wait for my team to play

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

If this is all we got, we better looking for a flight home.... :dunno:

13. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Damn, how much extra time is there for the Germany/Algeria game? It's at 117 minutes now lol.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

FIFA has picked an Algerian for the US-Belgium match. His name is Djamel Haimoudi. Klinsmann is worried about this guy because the French-speaking referee will be able to communicate better with the Belgians, comes from a nation that was in the same first-round group with Belgium and is from a country that was eliminated by the US in the 2010 tournament.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Game hasn't even started and he's already making excuses?

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I haven't posted because I was out of town. My wife's grandfather is very ill, and he might not have not much time left :(

Anyway...I caught Mexico's game on sunday before the trip back. What can I say? El Tri went full Romo. You never go full Romo.

Years of disappointment by the Cowboys prepared me for that. I'm not as mad as I should be.

Hopefully, the Netherlands break the "Mexico Curse" (No team that has eliminated Mexico has won that World Cup), because they're a great team.

Good luck to the USA tomorrow.

Omen likes this.
  17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

As much as for every other game, 2 x 15 minutes. Makes a total of 120 minutes

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Ugly win for us, but a win. We need to resolve some issues, or we are done vs France

19. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Would it be the first time a HC has worked a ref?

20. andy82

s**t defence and Low handicapping the team by playing false ducking 9. Still unsold on the French though, they've yet to face anyone worth a crap.