KEEP LEAGUE

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by qbdylan7, Aug 22, 2014.

1. qbdylan7

qbdylan7 Rookie Premium Member

Hi guys -

I am in a 1st year keeper league where we keep 1 guy from the guys we drafted last year. We lose the draft round with the guy we decide to keep. example: you keep 1st round pick, you lose 1st round pick. Below is the list of guys I drafted last year.

Win or Go Home
    1.(8)Jamaal Charles(KC - RB)
    2.(17)Reggie Bush(Det - RB)
    3.(32)Julio Jones(Atl - WR)
    4.(41)DeMarco Murray(Dal - RB)
    5.(56)Antonio Brown(Pit - WR)
    6.(65)Russell Wilson(Sea - QB)
    7.(80)Cecil Shorts III(Jax - WR)
    8.(89)Ben Tate(Cle - RB)
    9.(104)Vincent Brown(SD - WR)
    10.(113)Fred Davis(Was - TE)
    11.(128)Christine Michael(Sea - RB)
    12.(137)Michael Bush(Chi - RB)
    13.(152)Keenan Allen(SD - WR)
    14.(161)Arizona(Ari - DEF)
    15.(176)Dan Bailey

It is hard not to keep Jamaal Charles. I also have the #2 pick, so if the guy ahead of me keeps his #1 I can keep a lower end pick (Keenan Allen in the 13th round) and I will have the #1 overall pick and take back Jamaal. Anyone else on my squad worth keeping or do I stick with Jamaal?

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Need to know your scoring, as well as what the guy ahead of you does. It would seem to be a decent strategy to keep someone else and then use your #2 pick on Charles or another top RB. If PPR, I would consider Brown and Allen.

3. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

4. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

What was the guy with the #1 draft spot first draft pick last year? I just ask because he isn't keeping him unless he is a imbecile. If you know who he drafted you will know at least 2 of the best options avaliable to you. So you know 100% you get the guys with the #1 picks guy from last year or Charles.

Most bang for your buck is Allen but personal I take Jones with a 3rd round pick. In a draft with 12 keepers Jones goes beginning first round.

Side note it is messed up you know your draft order before declaring a keeper.

5. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Jones for a 3rd is your best option. Allen is to, but I like Jones for a 3rd rounder when he is going at the bottom of the first.

I also wouldn't blame you for keeping Charles and nabbing the best available RB or WR available at 2. Imagine if you land McCoy/BPA at receiver while having Charles? That's HUGE.