How important is the bye week?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by gcmartin007, Aug 22, 2014.

1. gcmartin007

gcmartin007 DP2019 Premium Member

Every year I stuggle with the decision of how important the bye week is. Any advise on this topic?

2. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

not very, my teams at least have a lot of turnover throughout the season. You don't want to have too many of your players on the same one however. But don't avoid someone who is a good value because of a bye week.

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Bye week 9 has a lot of studs... So careful there as you could end up with four or five starters on the same bye week... I've seen it already.

I'm a big time believer in SOS. Which is why I've moved Brees ahead of Manning in my rankings. Guys that have really easy SOS tend to have Great fantasy seasons. I researched this last year going back to 2010 and I know for a fact SOS is a factor.

SNPokc likes this.
  4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I don't look at bye weeks. Like SNP says, there is a fairly decent amount of turnover per team. And if I have the chance to land a stud receiver on a week 9 bye and have another on a week 9 bye, i'm not going to let it change my mind.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I've never put a ton of stock in bye week planning. But to echo @Kurt, I always study SOS and playoff schedule, and I too note a lot of good players on week 9 byes. Generally, I do my player rankings independent of SOS and playoff schedule, but then use those factors to tweak rankings and as tiebreakers when I like more than one player.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i don't think they are real important unless one of your best players is injured and it is obviously effecting your team.