Report: NFL finds 11 footballs were under-inflated in AFC title game

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Jan 21, 2015.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You get all pumped up after such a great win, then something like this becomes so deflating.

smeags, DontKnowMe, Steve12 and 2 others like this.
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

We need to make a rap album called "Da Script". I mean, we are "OG's", after all, no? We must keep it gangster and represent our locations of habitation no matter the cost, am I not mistaken, brethren?

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Dude whatever, water off a ducks back. Nobody should be embarrassed by that at all. Bummer they got caught but whatever, as with spygate I don't doubt it's not an uncommon practice around the league. Rodgers likes overinflated, they like underinflated, so what. They're just as easy for the corners to grab as they are for the wideouts.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It's a non issue blown up by the present day media.

markaz likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

"FKH & GIF'n, always know they been scriptin', just like Ram29Jackson was predictin'."

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could be possible that it's only noticeable when the ball is gripped tightly or squeezed? It's not like 2 psi is going to be a noticeable weight difference. Just a thought...

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Nothing to defend. It's all bullshirt. You don't think the Packers over inflate balls because that's what Rodgers likes? The only unfortunate thing is it's on the heels of that so-called spygate BS and the media's on it like flies on shirt. I rarely agree with one thing that comes out of Warren Sapp's mouth, but him saying this is all bullshirt and that team's should be able to "customize" the ball for their QB I happen to agree with. Anybody who thinks the Pats are the only team who commit infractions has rocks in their head. They just get caught because everybody guns for the top dog.
    Different subject, but why does the NFL allow a player to mask an injury by letting him get injected with lidocaine before a game? That's definitely not in the player's best interest to play injured but feel no pain, but it allows a marquise player to be on the field making them money. Fvck the NFL and their bullshirt rules. Rant over.

TJ and Steve12 like this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

In today's press conference, Bellichick basically threw Tom Brady under the bus...this should get interesting.

Oh, and I totally agree with Mark, here above...

9. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

If this is going to be that big of a deal, then don't any team use their own footballs for the games. Let them be provided and certified by the NFL.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

totally disagree markaz. this isnt bullshirt, its on the same level as roids in baseball. its cheating to gain an advantage. period. also the defense, yes its a defense, that other teams do it too is weak as it gets. who cares if other teams do it, if and when they get caught they can deal with the fallout.

spygate was real, the team lost draft picks and it was not because of the media whoring. the nfl could give f--ks what anyone thinks including the media. deflategate is real and pats fans should be embarrassed by these events, but pretty sure the three parades they had will help them coupe.

again, if you have issues with roids is baseball but think the pats cheating is a non-issue you're being hypocritical.

also, all you whiners crying about the media - maybe the pats should stop giving them easy targets ??

the pats have been/are a great team but they are also cheaters. both points are fact.

Omen likes this.
  11. 86WARD

86WARD -

"I have no explanation for what happened," Belichick said.” I think I'll use this for anytime I'm questioned.

Omen likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Perhaps he really doesn't!! After all I've read in these past few days, I'm more convinced that it was Brady's idea. Today Troy Aikman wrote that there's no way the balls can be altered without the QB knowing. Absolutely no way.

Omen likes this.
  13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Was this Belichick today?
    View attachment 59329

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

no way - NO WAY perfect tommy did something wrong. take that insinuation back !

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would use it more like this:

Why are you late for dinner?
    "I have no explanation for what happened."

Who bought that $3500 TV?

Why haven't the kids taken a bath?

Why is the house a disaster?"
    I have no explanation for what happened."

Omen, Walnuts, Kurt and 1 other person like this.
  16. 86WARD

86WARD -

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why are you drunk again?

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

lane johnson got supsended 4games last season for cheating via PED's.

would expect no different here.

19. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

cold, wet hard balls are harder to catch... and if you ask me, they just feel funny .. get it? oh well

20. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

looking at what Rodger Rabbit did to the Anits and Sean Peyton it would seem only right that BILL BE SUSPENDED FOR THE ENTIRE 2015 SEASON FOR MULTIPLE INFRACTIONS THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER. Ya I yelled it...

smeags likes this.