FKH/GIF Dynasty League Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Kurt, Aug 20, 2015.

1. apmv.

apmv. Rookie

Haha I guess both. Lol. Jk. Gotta sis-in-law from Des Moines - not too bad.
    She's not too bad I mean, Iowa blows.

SNPokc likes this.
  2. bcole

bcole General Disarray Fantasy Guru

I've never been west of Buffalo, NY, so I'll have to take your word for it.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

the1tab likes this.
  4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Who is DasFutbol?

5. bcole

bcole General Disarray Fantasy Guru

I won't be available to draft very late tonight. If it somehow gets to me, it will be morning before picks get made.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I have a feeling we're done for the evening.

7. the1tab

the1tab 2nd String Fantasy Guru

Meanwhile, in Chicago...
    [​IMG]

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

9. the1tab

we MIGHT get thru an entire round today. MAYBE

It's on you, @McKay

[​IMG]

bcole likes this.
  10. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I'll do my best. I have draft number 3 tonight and it's live. I'll try to watch my phone

11. McKay

McKay Rookie Fantasy Guru

Sorry for the 3-hour pick... Had a once-a-year thing at church. If it gets back to me tonight I'll be ready to hit it again.

the1tab and bcole like this.
  12. SNPokc

23% battery

13. SNPokc

cya tomorrow and what not and so forth.

14. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

fantasy newbie - he's part owner and guru programmer here at FKH

15. the1tab

16. Kurt

damn I took 5 minutes and still get a gif?

anyways, can't believe I thought Austin Seferian-Jenkins would make it back to me... missed opportunity. @terpshockey21

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah for some inane reason I thought he'd make it back to me...or at least some decent TE. Same thing in my last dynasty, I underestimated the TE demand and I'm still struggling at the position 3 years later.

18. terpshockey21

terpshockey21 DFS Superhero Fantasy Guru

yeah so i just realized people were actually talking on here so i apologize for the late input

theres no way we can do a dynasty with 14 player rosters and decide to cut that halfway through the draft. im not trading my STACKED wr group just to field a full team every week because i barely can at this point.

can we do a quick 5-6 round draft when we finish the slow? itll take 30 minutes one evening to finish up and we can have proper dynasty squads

Walnuts likes this.
  19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Better late than never I reckon. Roster Expansion for President 2015!

20. Kurt

thanks for joining the convo - we're expanding no worries - either this year or next. Not sure it will help your team this year... the available pool is the available pool. You anit getting this years starters with the 185th pick this year.

As you well know...
    Dynasty leagues typically have 20 to 30 roster spots and 10 to 12 league managers.. here's how the number of teams impacts the available player pool

Standard 10 team dynasty league - 20 players per team - total number of drafted players = 200
    Standard 12 team dynasty league - 18 players per team - total number of drafted players = 216
    Standard 14 team dynasty league - 14 players per team - total number of drafted players = 196

So let's say we bump it up to 18 total roster size... 18x14 - total number of drafted players = 252

Maybe we make this a hybrid keeper/dynasty and focus the discussion on how many players we will be retaining year in and year out,
    then decide what a good bench size is based on available players, not anyones individual team.

the1tab likes this.