FKH/GIF Dynasty League Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Kurt, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm trying a zero-TE strategy.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'd rather roster 2015 Torry Holt than Torrey Smith.

the1tab and SNPokc like this.
  3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Duke Johnson > Gurley

the1tab likes this.
  4. McKay

McKay Rookie Fantasy Guru

If anyone wants to draft an auction league tonight, I've suddenly got a spot open in my site's league that I'm scrambling to fill... Let me know if you or someone you know is interested: dave@thefantasysportsbrain.com

It's sort of a Pros vs. Joes type of deal and it would be great to get another 'pro'.

5. terpshockey21

terpshockey21 DFS Superhero Fantasy Guru

im game mckay, how much?

6. McKay

McKay Rookie Fantasy Guru

No buy in last year, but we might throw a few bucks in for this season... I know a couple of the guys don't want to play for nothing. I'm thinking just $20. Shoot me your email - dave@thefantasysportsbrain.com

7. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I made it a poll - we will put this bi**h to rest

8. terpshockey21

where is the "keep the original rules" option? add back the 4 bench spots, no position limits and full dynasty format

9. terpshockey21

if we have time to live draft 2 extra rounds at the end, whats an extra 15 minutes to make it 4 rounds?

10. bcole

bcole General Disarray Fantasy Guru

This is like the fantasy football edition of Hoarders.

Instead of mountains of old newspapers we refuse to get rid of 7th string running backs.

Isn't part of the strategy deciding which players are worth rostering? Maybe sacrificing a borderline player for this year to complement your strategy for the future?

the1tab likes this.
  11. terpshockey21

dynasty is meant to be the fantasy football edition of hoarders! ill happily hoard a rb for next year or even two years down the line for someone i dont want to play this year and has no future value

12. bcole

Im with you on that one. I just figured we're the pros, people ask us for advice.

Regardless of roster size we should be able to bring it strong every year. It just may take more guile when it comes to the waiver wire.

13. bcole

I'm not necessarily against super expanded rosters, I just think it's subtracting from future fun and strategy.

Kurt likes this.
  14. terpshockey21

I think if anything, it adds to the fun. Shows guys who we like to help with other dynasty teams they may be in. Since were doing so little buy-in, its more of an exercise on how to play dynasty and how different strategies work for different people, whether its go for it this season, retool or rebuild and how you can accomplish that

15. bcole

True, whatever we do will make for good examples. I've already voted anyway, just playing devil's advocate. The only rule that disappointed me was no paying for waivers, but it's still going to be fun.

16. terpshockey21

well my vote is we do the 4 rounds post draft and we expand rosters to 20 next season and we keep everyone minus the draft picks. so for instance, if you only have 3 picks next season, you keep 17 guys. if you have 7 picks, you keep 13. so im voting for the two options closest to that, but this i think those options should be expanded to what i just outlined

17. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

this is a max drop vote - so you must keep 10 or 12 etc if you choose to keep all - then you keep all -

Expanding this years roster to +2, or none - I like it this way as we get to grow with rookies each year and keep all if we like - if you don't like it now, you will in 2016, 18 etc - who says it has to be super deep year 1 - by year 3 we will have like 18 or 20 - and just keep growing from there

bcole likes this.
  18. terpshockey21

im not saying it has to be, but it keeps changing MID DRAFT. it started out as 18 player rosters and myself, and I'm sure a few others, drafted as if that were the case. now its more redraft advantage than keeper advantage. i would have had no problem with voting on changes BEFORE the draft, but the whole foundation of the league cant just be altered in the middle of the 7th round and expect people to adjust to an entirely new format after about 90 picks have gone off the board.

at this point, its $10 and im sick of arguing points that continue to make sense over and over

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

In my experience, super deep rosters generally lead to more trade activity...not making a judgement as to whether that's a good or bad thing, just some more grist for the mill.

the1tab likes this.
  20. the1tab

the1tab 2nd String Fantasy Guru

cough... @Kurt ... cough....

Kurt likes this.