THE GLORY THREAD! (How many of you won champs?)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by PeteTheGreek, Dec 28, 2015.

1. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I won 1/3 titles in my three main leagues. Interestingly enough, the league I won the title in was a 3-peat. I am now back-to-back-to-back title holders: 2013, 2014, 2015.

Unless Gio puts up 27 tonight, it looks like losing OBJ for the title game was too much to overcome and I will finish second in our FKH league. Which means in the 3 years I've participated in the FKH league I...

-Won it
    -Let a friend draft bc I was out of town and did horribly
    -Finished 2nd, losing Superbowl to house team by slim margin after losing OBJ

Not a bad streak! The two years I've drafted I finished in the winnings both times.

My winning lineup in the league where I 3-peated:

Cam Newton
    David Johnson
    Cameron Artis-Payne
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Zach Miller
    Michael Floyd
    Panthers D
    Cairo Santos

That was good for 112.9 points, which also pushed me into 1st place points total on the year, ahead of the 2nd place guy by 6. I needed to outscore him by 24.2 and I did it by 30.3.

I benched Cousins, Ertz, James White, and ASJ which would have made the points title much easier had I used any of them.

2. jbishop

jbishop Rookie

2 leagues. Made the playoffs in one league but got knocked out first game. My TE was Gronk, and I already hit my waiver limit. 2nd league, won the Championship.

Here's the winning lineup:

Carson Palmer
    Julio Jones
    DeAndre Hopkins
    David Johnson
    Latavius Murray
    Darren McFadden
    Blair Walsh
    Steelers Def
    Reshad Jones D

172.50 pts. Payout $175. This league gets bonus for 100+ yards rushing, passing, and receiving. 2nd year playing FF and the first time using this site for both of the drafts. Awesome!

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Of the several leagues I took part in, I was not the victor. The injury bug really took a toll on my teams (as I drafted similar players across all of them) and the lack of time to stay ahead of the waiver wire really hinders my ability to win. One thing is certain, people that can make time to utilize the waiver wire usually do much better than those that don't make time and therefore miss out on continually strengthening their team.

As far as this forum is concerned; since we started this forum it's obvious to me that from week 1 to week 16 people are here asking questions etc.. but once week 16 is done, so is this forum. We will never know how many (not even a close estimate) of folks that won. They simple don't come back until next year. We won't find out until then.. when comments like these are made...

[​IMG]

Pete you did great in the forum this season. Many people reaped the benefits of your advice and at the very least made the playoffs.

4. PeteTheGreek

Nice. And yeah, I suspect a lot of winning teams had D-Johns.
    JBishop - I still can't believe you have a waiver move cap. If nothing else, this season with all the massive amounts of injuries should change the Comissioner's mind.

5. jbishop

jbishop Rookie

Well, It was kind of my fault for not knowing that. It was a new league I joined and took over someone's team. The league where I won the championship doesn't have a cap. I think the cap will get changed next year in the other league.
    In the league where I won, I drafted C.J Anderson as my 2nd overall pick, and Forsett as my 4th-5th I think. Ha. Needless to say the start of the season was a bit rough, but I managed to get the wins and then picked up McFadden, D. Johnson. I was surprised I was able to snag up D. Johnson in week 13 before anyone else. My core throughout the season was Palmer, Julio, Hopkins, Landry, L. Murray. We set this league up not rostering a TE (other than in the flex), which I think we'll change next season, but considering how thin the position was this year it kind of worked out.

6. BlackGPGT

BlackGPGT DP only 17

I had 2 teams going this year.
    One league went 12-1 to get knocked out second round. So that stung a little but not a big deal as only a $20 league. Was 2nd in pts scored

The main league I finished in 2nd place. I was flat out robbed on it. I was down 4pts with a quarter to play and Ahrens pulled Palmer. I had palmer and floyd in that game so that ended it right there. Still took home $300 so not upset completely but now finished 2nd 2 years in a row.

7. Kurt

That AZ game was a huge lets down for me.. kicker got me zero and Fitz didn't do near what I anticipated. Put me 10 points away from a $750 dollar payday... had $300 on the line. Moral of the story? Never trust a team that's simply playing for home-field??!

8. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Yup I made the championship in 3 leagues out of 6 and won 1.

This was my lineup.

QB: Kirk Cousins
    RB: David Johnson
    RB: Dernard Robinson
    WR: Allen Robinson
    WR: DeAndre Hopkins
    TE: Antonio Gates
    WR: John Brown
    LB: Telvin Smith
    DE: Chandler Jones
    DB: Corey Graham
    DEF: Texans
    K: Jason Myers

I made some mistakes but Kirk Cousins Saved my butt!

9. Kurt

Big win for you this year.. your QB (Cousins) is a homer for ya and they're in the playoffs. man!

10. PeteTheGreek

Jad - I ALMOST talked myself into starting Cousins over Cam in week 16... I wish I had! Fortunately, it turned out not to matter. I won the superbowl and league season high points--- but only by 6! I was sweating it Sunday thinking, 'man if i lose season high points because i should have started Kirk over Cam....'