Where to draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by mcrobertsjmac32, Jun 23, 2016.

1. mcrobertsjmac32

mcrobertsjmac32 Sep-1-16 Premium Member

Hey guys I know it's early but my league likes to get the draft order done early. I have the 1st Choice of picks because I won the losers bracket and Idk which pick to take. It's a standard league, no PPR. I want to running back with my 1st round pick. What pick do you think I should take? I want #1 but don't like the long picks between players, and don't know which running back to draft.

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I'm going RB with my first pick for sure.. I really like TODD GURLEY - whats the cheat sheet say?

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

ESPN has him 6th after Bell, Peterson, Miller, Elliott, and Johnson.

4. Kurt

screw ESPN

that's why people come here

Here's the issues with all those guys

Bell - coming off major surgery and ESPN is high because he had one really solid year
    Peterson - I like Peterson for the same reasons I like Gurley, he's the focal point of the offense however he's 31 which puts him just behind Gurley from a rankings perspective
    Miller - I like Miller A LOT and would draft him above Gurley if I'm playing multiple money leagues. He has the potential to be the #1 back in fantasy... but it's a new system and there's risk with that.
    Elliott - how many running backs does Dallas have? and he's unproven in the NFL - higher risk than Miller IMO
    Johnson - I like Johnson too but the knock on him is the offense he's in will produce unreliable (inconsistent) fantasy production. Consistency is what wins fantasy football. One week they might score 3 through the air then the next two week's it's Johnson then the next three weeks is through the air then CJ2K steals one, then Ellington steals one.. just to much talent on that team to make Johnson my EARLY first round draft pick.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You can call me a Cowboys homer if you'd like, but I think you're vastly underrating Ezekiel Elliott. IMO, he has a chance to be NFL ROY.

6. Kurt

That's what they say about every damn 1st round RB since sliced bread.. How many failed first (hell throw in the 2nd) round running backs are THe SHIZZZ in college and are projected lead backs / game changers and don't even pan out??

I think Elliott is going to be awesome, but you're asking a lot to make him a #5 top fantasy pick. ROY very possible.

7. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I won't go as far to say I won't draft a rookie running back. But Montee Ball bust of 2014, I'm not sure I want to deal with a rookie rb. I don't think he will be like Ball, but I don't want to risk it. Especially 1 overall.