The New Hangout Thread - v5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Dang bro. Hang in there. I know it is tough.

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The news keeps getting worse. I got a call from the hospital this morning. Her foot is turning gangrenous. They are doing a procedure to open the veins in her leg to see if the blood will flow. If it doesn't work, they'll have to amputate. She may not survive the procedure. However, they can't just do nothing.

Today is her 82nd birthday.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Diplomacy just went out the window with President Trump. He just tweeted that if we don't pay for the wall, there will be no meeting. It's like trying to negotiate with the school bully.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

he threatened a 20% import tax on Mexican goods. hope you don't like corona or tequila.

also, he was in philly yesterday, said the murder rate has been increasing terribly - it actually went down last year.

alternative facts !!!!

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That 20% is ridiculous. That won't make Mexico pay for the wall. American tax payers will pay for it. What? Does he really think that mexican importers will just take the hit without raising their prices? How do these people become billionaires, in the first place?

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

you don't understand TJ, americans need to stop the mexican immigrants from coming in and taking jobs we are too lazy to do ourselves.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I hope that's sarcasm because I have lots of statistics about how the border has been crossed the other way around in the past decade or so...

9. Buck Fenson

sure, Mericans have been crossing the border for quite awhile. How else can we get some good Mexican food?

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Actually, it's mexicans and south americans crossing back...

11. Buck Fenson

guess they found out the grass isn't always greener. unless it is medical. :D

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I just want to say that if you guys really invade my country, you might as well delete my account, and delete me from facebook and all that, because I will never talk to you again :(

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

c'mon man, I think you're really over reacting, about that deleting your account part.

14. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

@TJ Who is invading your country?

the entire backlash about Trump and his proposed policies and the executive orders he has invoked is hog wash! America has been limiting and controlling the flow of immigrants for well over 100 years. What you're seeing in the news is NOTHING NEW. Obama, Clinton, Bush (all presidents well within your lifetime) have upheld similar policies and actions to thwart illegal immigration, terrorist etc

The bottom line:

1. the policies and actions you're seeing the media STIR UP are nothing new, it's been like this for well over 100 years and we've seen PLENTY in the last 15. do the research, nothing has changed regarding illegal aliens, period.

2. States across America (local state governments) are going broke, fast. The trajectory for tax collection on goods produced, sold and employment taxes are in a downward spiral. This is a very scary truth about America. This is the underlying climate that will drive most of the policies we will see unfold during the current administration and probably future ones. If the states are in terrible trouble, so is the federal government. We must produce more goods here in the US and employee people that pay taxes. Without those two things taking place you can hang it up.

And for anyone that thinks paying taxes is for the birds, an unneeded burden, take a trip to just about any other country. You'll come running back to the good ole USA. The government, while full of corruption and excess spending, is a necessary element for our daily well being. Roads, water, transportation, firefighters, cops, national security and regulations that keep our air clean and markets stable... the list goes on and on.. these types of services are going to be cut back, some eliminated, because the money just isn't there anymore. YOU AND I AND OUR KIDS are the ones that will suffer. So wake up America!!!

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

lmfao at hogwash. trumps EO's are on record pace for a full term president and he's been in office for two weeks. Obama didn't come close to this amount of EO's and the GOP was ready to flip a lid and cried like B*tch*es (just like the libs are now). plus no other president ever proposed a $15bil wall or sent people back who had green cards or valid visas, so yeah, your "period" is invalid and this is something new.

also, nobody ever said ZERO taxes. ever. the issue we keep getting taxed more & more (by both sides). at least bush jr actually gave people some money back.

this is the problem in this country - both sides have taken on a "my way or the highway" mindset and THAT'S what is f**k**ing this country up. nobody compromises and the middle class and poor suffer because millionares and billionares never actually do s**t to improve the lives of the 99%.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

thankfully the GOP sees the stupidity behind this never before proposed asinine plan.

17. Kurt

@smeags he's only signed 7.. I like that he's working at a fast pace, so should you. But by the time he's out of office I doubt he signs as many as some of the greatest presidents in our history.
    Here's the list, he will probably wrap up around 400 to 500 if he makes it two terms - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders

15 billion dollar wall - 15 billion is chump change compared to some other big ticket items - and the fact that so many are pissed tells you just how good of an idea it is.. but in the end I'm sure they only upgrade the fences to walls.. since the REAL DEAL HERE is about infrastructure spending to help boost our economy. Better than war!!!!!! But we're long over due for a major war.... unfortunately we've been way to fortunate for way to long. We humans have been at war since the beginning of time.. it's never going to stop.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, the local media was going insane about a leaked transcript of a phone call between Trump and Peña in which supposedly The Donald said he'd send the army to stop the drug cartels...which of course, would be an invasion...

I've read more about it now...maybe it was blown out of proportion, but it's still a scary proposition...

19. Kurt

the guns are made overseas (45 cal 1911's knock offs) and shipped into California.. then they are sold across the US. After used in a crime they are shipped to Mexico and used in the drug war by the cartels.

but with legal pot sweeping the US I see the cartels having some issues selling street weed and their revenue dropping a little.. but they will move to opiates? Or maybe that's why we are all ready seeing an increase there?

In any event, I don't see the US attacking Mexico, again, because the focus is the wall... If I was Mexico I'd be more worried about when Trump starts deporting 1,000's of illegals from our prison system and dropping them off in Mexico.. then what?

20. Kurt

buck wtf is that Patriots / Saints emblem about? Time to lay off the greener =)

Buck Fenson likes this.