Super Bowl LV

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 25, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

[​IMG]

Ok, the match up is set!! The man who has dominated the NFL for the past 20 years against the kid who could very well dominate the next 20 himself.

Buccaners vs. Chiefs. Brady vs. Mahomes. GOAT vs. baby GOAT. Should be a high scoring match with two offensive gurus in the sidelines.

We have 2 weeks. My pick will probably be KC, no matter the line. I have bet against Brady since Super Bowl 46 and it has only worked 2 times...maybe this will be the third. Who knows...

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Kansas City opens as a 3-point favorite. No suprises here.

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm laying the points and taking the Chiefs -3. 1000 pesos...let's make it or break it. Chiefs 35-31 Bucs.

Enjoy the game, everybody....

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I still have no idea who I am rooting for. I kind of would like the Bucs to have the upset and continue the legend of Brady, but I like Reid and the Chiefs players more. I just hope for a high scoring shootout either way.

TJ likes this.
  6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

GO BUCS!!!!!

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Contrats, Chump!!

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

What a great job by the Bucs' defense. I still can't believe that Reid/Bieniemy didn't help their tackles out. Brady is unreal.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That's exactly what I was thinking. Mahomes ran for 400 yards just scrambling and running away from pressure all game long. Some throws he made at the end, out of pure desperation were insane...and they still hit receivers in the hands.

Goes to prove that even the best QB in the world is absolutely nothing without an at least decent o-line.

The Bucs defensive plan was brilliant. Tom Brady took care of the rest, and the win was easy.

I might be the last person on earth to admit it, but I just can't deny it anymore. Tom Brady is the GOAT among GOATS. We're talking Jordan and Gretzy level...right at the top. It was just not just Darth Bellichick after all. Color me impressed. Very impressed.

I took a pounding...I won't gamble anymore, much less wager against the GOAT.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Thank you, gents. Still recovering.

As you might expect, more to come once the haze stops...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Some said the "LeBron Blueprint" could never be replicated in the NFL, where players don't have that much power.

Well, Tom Brady did just that. He made sure to hit free agency and then proceeded to review pretty much every roster in the league, decide which one gave him the best shot at a title and chose to sign with them. He turned down his childhood team, the 49ers. The guy just wants to win.

I'm very curious to see which NFL super-stars will follow this blueprint. I can imagine Aaron Rodgers might want to. DeSean Watson is kind of trying right now. Russell Wilson has started causing waves with his Seahawks OL comments lately. Heck, Dak Prescott followed the Washington Football Team on instagram and the Cowboys fandom has gone crazy!! Players are starting to realize the leverage they hold, something they learned in the NBA almost a decade ago.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

And yea, Teej, I wouldn't be surprised to see players, especially of their persona, talent and caliber, wield more strength than the organizations.

s**t, it's already happening.

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I was listening to the Blogging the 'Boys podcast the other day and someone suggested a tag-and-trade of Dak for Russell Wilson. I was like WHAT?!?! but two seconds later I said "hey...that's not such a bad idea". I think Russ, Mahomes, Brady and Rodgers are the only QBs I'd trade for Dak at this point (No, I don't consider Watson better than Dak. Sue me).

One can only dream, but just a few weeks ago that seemed absolutely impossible...now there's a chance, even if it's only 1%.

DawkinsINT likes this.