Your 2021 NBA Playoffs Thread...

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Jun 3, 2021.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wow.....what an ending in last night's Clippers-Suns game. I can't imagine how Paul George and Clippers fans feel. What a disgusting way to lose.

2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Three defensive breakdowns by L.A. on a single play: DeMarcus for not properly guarding the inbounds pass and then Zubac and Batum for not properly working around that screen set by a guy six inches shorter than them.

You know what they're gonna do. You gotta protect that rim, even if it means fouling the guy.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LOL. There are two types of athletes who are known by their first name: Either they're really good (LeBron, Kobe, Emmitt), or their last names are impossible to spell (Giannis, Big Ben).

I think Giannis can fall in both categories...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

The Hawks want everyone to slow down a little bit about their demise. I didn't see this blowout without Trae coming. Hard not to root for them.

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

To this point, Teej, I still have to cut and paste his name. Sweet nickname too. Not too original, the Greek Freak, but it sure as shitfire fits.

I almost feel like I jinxed the guy though, posting a piece about him and then having him go down with the knee injury. That didn't look good.

And yea, Dawk, as soon as Giannis went down, the Hawks wasted no time to ensure that series is tied up. I do like me some Nate McMillan and what he's done with this team. Hawks two wins away from the NBA Finals? Are you kidding me?

7. DawkinsINT

Suns-Bucks.....the poor ratings...haha.

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Good stories but you're probably right, Dawk. s**t-poor ratings.

Therein lies the rub of the NBA. LeBron in the Finals, people complain. No LeBron in the Finals, people complain.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bucks in 7 if Giannis can play at least 4 games.

10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Teej...

They're a series underdog at +160 so if you like it, bet it.

Although you can probably get a better number if they drop Game One.

Either way, as you say, all depends on whether the Freak suits up.

I'd be perfectly okay with an NBA Finals Game 7.

TJ likes this.
  11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I will be the first to admit that I didn't think adding Jrue Holiday was enough to push Milwaukee into becoming serious NBA title contenders but I stand corrected. That game he played tonight, well, let's just say Bucks fans will be talking about it for a long, long time.

12. DawkinsINT

Due to the late starts and being busy in general...I have watched maybe a total of an hour of this series. Sucks because I am interested in it.

13. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

It's been an evenly matched series.

I took Milwaukee only because they were underdogs at +160.

I figured if they imposed their size on Phoenix, they could take the series.

It took 'em three games in to do it but they finally figured it out, staying within their means and taking quality shots.

Let's see if they can close 'em out in Six.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I was almost right. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Suns only won when he didn't play, right?

Also, the last time the Bucks won the NBA Finals, the Cowboys won the Super Bowl!!!

I'll show myself out...

15. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

17. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I know I asked for this last year only to see it not come to fruition but can we PLEASE have a Los Angeles Lakers - Brooklyn Nets NBA Finals next year. I don't throw the word "epic" around very often but a Finals of that nature would most certainly fit the bill.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You already had those finals like 20 years ago. The Lakers dominated like a pro team against a high school team. Nothing to see there.

What about a Clippers vs. Knicks finals?

19. DawkinsINT

Sixers-Lakers....old school. I'll take 76ers vs anyone.

TJ likes this.