2021 Week 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 8, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Big opener tomorrow. The defending champs against my damned Cowboys. I feel like it could end with a score of 41-6 for either team, and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Really curious to see Dak in action after 10 months. Zack Martin's absence will be felt in the interior, I feel like that repaired ankle will be tested to destruction as he'll be running for his life all game long.

Brady is undefeated against the Cowboys...that says it all.

Will add the sunday games later.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I could totally see either team winning tonight but I obviously will be rooting for the Bucs.

Great to finally have our first regular season weekly discussion thread!

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I swore I'd never do this in the regular season but hey...I have the spare change, and it has been a really good year economy-wise.

I bet 500 pesos (25 US dollars) on the Cowboys +9. I just loved the line. Even if it's a blow out, Dak always has that garbage time boost that can make it look closer than it actually was. All winnings go to my girlfriend's anniversary and christmas presents.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

f**k**ING TAMPA

3 WR`1
    2 Elite TE'S
    Solid O-Line
    Solid Defense

ONE TURD WE'RE ALL TIRED OF WATCHING WIN - TOM BRADY

F the NFL

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, I won my bet and I feel a lot better about the Cowboys than I did 24 hours ago.

Man, Dak BALLED last night. I cringed a lot when he scrambled and ran but all in all it was an awesome performance, but as some haters would say "another 400-yard game in a loss. He sucks". Oh, well...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Saw on Twitter today that RGIII was complaining that Zeke didn't get the ball enough.

I calmly replied that was because the Bucs picked up where they did last year but not allowed s**t on the ground. Last year, the Bucs allowed 80 ypg on the ground, ten better than any other team. In other words, Zach wasn't getting s**t.

Either way, here are my (our) college and pro picks for Week One. Don't forget I'll be looking for you guys for picks one week this season.

Wager wisely...

2021 Week 1: The Wife Hates SportsChump adds Croshere for some opening closure - Sports Chump

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  7. Kurt

Dak was absolutely on fire for sure.. Tampa's run D is insane however Zeke hasn't found lanes like he did back in the day.. it seems

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The two or three times they tried to run inside, Zeke just crashed against Vita Vea's stomach. After the second one Kellen Moore was like "nope...not trying that one again".

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

That was a really fun game to kick off the season. Couldn't have asked for a more entertaining start. I was really impressed by Dak. I thought he would show a little bit of rust. Brady is just amazing. I can't believe the level that Brady can still play at. I used to always hate on him out of jealousy, but now I just appreciate that we still get to watch his greatness.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah. I have decided to hate on Brady too and just appreciate him while he's still around.

BTW, Colts announced Carson Wentz will start on sunday. So back in training camp they said 5 to 12 weeks...guess it was 5 after all. I'm so curious to see how he does.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

Yeah, on commercials of the Eagles game I'll be flipping to the Colts-Seahawks game.

On the afternoon games I'll mostly watch Browns-Chiefs and flip over to Broncos-Giants probably.

Can't wait for the first full Sunday of games!!

12. DawkinsINT

First week of the Eagles new coaching regime and I was impressed. I loved the way they spread the ball around. They have weapons. Offensive line is the key to everything and their starters are awesome. Not sure about the depth though. Defense against the run was suspect early on but they adjusted. They were pretty dominant in the 2nd half.

Go Broncos and let the Eagles be in first place all by their lonesome week 1!

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Relax, bro. It was just the Falcons. Matt Ryan looks absolutely washed up. Maybe they should've taken a QB after all.

I was impressed by the Rams offense. It looked as good as advertised. Stafford running McVay's offense, and BY HIMSELF. Watch out, they look like the favorites in the NFC.

What about the Packers? Rodgers looked like all of us look after submitting our 2-week notice at work. He just doesn't care anymore.

14. DawkinsINT

Nah, I'm not going over the top. I expecting the Eagles to lose though so being dominant was a nice surprise. Next week against the 49ers will be a much bigger test.

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Did you guys happen to catch the Manning Cast on MNF? I couldn't watch it down here. I've been reading great reviews.

16. DawkinsINT

I didn't even realize it was happening at the time. I've heard it was good but that they kept the actual game audio too low. That would annoy me a bit. I'm sure they will make adjustments to that. I'll definitely check it out in the future.

TJ likes this.
  17. Kurt

Not bad.. Peyton is funny and Eli at least tries to feed off it. Sums the Manning family IMO

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.