2021 Week 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 15, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I have the day off tomorrow so I might as well start with the week 2 thread.

DeMarcus Lawrence, the Cowboys top defender broke his foot in today's practice and is out indefinitely. This was already a very bad defense so this is just...great. On the other end, Randy Gregory is still in the covid list and on offense Michael Gallup is out for 4 or 5 weeks.

It's only week 2.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Oh, man....that's rough for your 'Boys. With the longer season it's better for it to happen this early though. 49ers also are getting hit hard with injuries. Eagles might have caught some lucky breaks since they play Dallas after the 49ers.

Thursday's game is Giants vs Football Team. Speaking of injuries....what a blow to Washington in losing Fitzmagic. This isn't exactly an 80's Parcells-Gibbs clash to look forward to.

3. DawkinsINT

Last night really ended up being a lot more entertaining than I was expecting. Both QB's played really well. What a way for the Giants to lose though with the offsides call after Washington missed the game winning FG attempt.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Feels like the Giants are already miles behind the rest of the NFC East teams (this will come back to haunt me if the Cowboys lose on sunday). I also thought Washington would suffer because of Fitzmagic's absence but Heinekken or whatever his name is can hold his own. I expected them to keep him as the starter after his performance in the play offs...

By the way, I forgot La'el Collins's 5-game suspension for not showing up for a drug test, which I think it's BS. His lawyers are appealing like crazy but it doesn't seem to be working so if you're scoring at home, we already have 2 starters on offense and 2 on defense out for a very long time.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  6. DawkinsINT

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Cost me a money line wager.

I wonder if it'll cost the ref who mis-called it a fine.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Today's a big day for the future of s**t talking between my brother and I. He's a 49ers fan. He's coming over in a couple of hours. We are going to have a home tailgate in my backyard. Firepit, blackened shrimp, t-bone steaks, and an ungodly amount of alcohol.

At roughly 4:25pm though we will unite in rooting against TJ's Cowboys. :)

TJ and SportsChump like this.
  9. DawkinsINT

Disgusting loss by the Eagles yesterday. It was a very winnable game but Sirianni's play calling was atrocious in the red zone. Only good thing is that I won both side bets with my brother (Dee Ford gets no sacks. Eagles TEs outgain 49er's TEs).

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm not sure how much of that was a Cowboys win and how much was a Chargers loss or self-destruct. Some would say the refs screwed them by taking 2 TDs off the board but I thought those were good calls. Oh, well...a win is a win so I'll take it, but I parlayed Cowboys +3 with the OVER (55 points) and I got screwed. I'm about to run out of gambling money and it's not even week 3 yet.

At least the defense is now getting takeaways!! It's been years since I saw those in a regular basis.

We're about to have a RB controversy. Tony Pollard is out-running Zeke while making 1/100th of his salary (approximately). Some people were saying we should trade him to Baltimore, and I say maybe we should trade Zeke!! I'm kidding, of course...or am I?

Dawk: At least you spent quality time with your brother. It doesn't matter if the Eagles lost and the Cowboys won. It was good memories that will last forever :p

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

Brandon Graham is out for the season. Ugh!

12. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Yea, I liked the Eagles yesterday. After watching that outcome, I'm not quite sure they're ready for prime time.

TJ likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, it doesn't matter because they'll play the Cowboys on Monday night next week :D (Thankfully, as I'll be on call this weekend and might not have much time to watch the games).

DawkinsINT likes this.