2021 Week 5 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Oct 7, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys play the Giants this week for the 872th time in my life time (approximately). The now known as the "Jason Garrett Bowl". Cowboys opened as 7 point favorites and I'm just looking for the right game to tease them with, I'll confirm tomorrow.

During the week, the Cowboys cut LB Jaylon Smith. That of the amazing comeback story, from a knee injury not everybody comes back from. It's clear he not only lost a step...he lost two steps and a half. Since last year he's always out of position, missing tackles, making bad reads...it's like he turned into a pumpkin after his 2018 pro-bowl season. Such a shame, but he had became a very expensive back-up LB who doesn't play special teams, so the move makes sense in a way.

Tonight we have a good one: Rams vs. Seahawks. I believe the NFC West is the best division in football, hopefully I get to watch at least the second half.

2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

NFC West is shnasty, Teej. Love what 'Zona did to the Rams last week. Just when we thought they were the hottest team in football. Whoops!

Oh... and here's my latest take on the Urban Meyer situation for all those interested.

Back to the Grind for Urban Meyer - Sports Chump

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So yesterday, just for the heck of it and because I had a little extra money I decided to put a "crazy parlay": Rams -2 and draw between Mexico and Canada in the world cup qualifiers. I turned 200 pesos into 1500 and now I'm scared.

So...since my luck is about to run out any minute now, I think I'll take it easy and tease the Cowboys and Bucs only. Cowboys line falls to -1 against the Giants and I still think it's not enough, as they're due for their yearly "we are feeling great after a good streak so of course a sh!tty team will beat us" week and the Bucs -4 against Miami seems pretty reasonable for me. 200 devalued pesos.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Scratch that...the app is not letting me to put Tampa in any teaser, for some reason...I'll come up with something else later as I have to get to the job I'll quit if this good streak continues.

I'm kidding...maybe... xD

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I don't wanna jinx it, Teej, but I like both those teasers.

TJ likes this.
  6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'll be ready, Chump. I have enough to continue the rest of the year :D

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hopefully against the Panthers this week the Eagles snap their streak of giving up 40+ points. Rumor is that Sirianni cursed out DC Gannon earlier this week. Hopefully that sparks some sort of change.

In the late games, besides hoping the Giants pull off an upset against Dallas, I'll probably watch a lot of Browns-Chargers. Bill-Chiefs Sunday Night game should be a fun shootout.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't believe the Eagles defense led them to a win after a 2 score deficit on the road in Carolina. A ton of issues with this team still but nice to see them battle back. Now a short week against the Bucs for Thursday night football.