Playoff Thread?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SportsChump, Jan 11, 2022.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Oh, we're doing one thread for all the playoffs? Nice!!

I'm trying again the Playoff Challenge on my own. Trying to go 13-0 against the spread. No more parlays, no more teasers. 100 pesos (5 bucks) per game, all winnings to to my girlfriend's valentine's day present.

Here we go:

Bengals -5.5 Over Raiders
    Bengals are my favorite AFC team this year. Joe Burrow is a joy to watch. They should win this one fairly easily.

Patriots +4 over Bills
    Bill Bellichick in the playoffs against a divisional rival? You son of a bi**h, I'm in!!

Bucs -8.5 over Eagles
    At first I thought this was a little too high, then I remembered a small detail: Tom Brady. I'm just scared of betting against him, that's all.

Cowboys -3 over 49ers
    "Don't try to be a hero, just try to win money". "Never bet against your favorite team". Ok, ok!! I'm not a hero. I say a decent game by Dak should be enough, right?...RIGHT?!?!?!

Chiefs -12.5 over Steelers
    They can't make this line high enough. Make it 20. I don't care. Mahomes will be chilling in the bench by the third quarter. It will be a very sad end for Big Ben's career.

Cardinals +4 over Rams
    This is my upset special. Are we sure Stafford is good? I mean, like...really, really sure? I know the Cardinals are the coldest team in the playoffs (finished 1-4 with that one win in Dallas), but come on...This is the one I'll be regretting on sunday night when I'm 5-0 and this is the only one standing on my way from an undefeated round...

4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Do me a favor, Teej.

Cut and paste those onto my site in the comments section so everyone who entered can see your picks.

Thanks, brother. Happy playoff weekend, everyone.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Done!! Good luck to your teams, except if you root for the Eagles or 49ers XD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I was busy yesterday and didn't watch either game. I expected the Bills to win but I didn't think it would be that easy. Impressive.

Josh Sweat has some kind of medical issue and won't be playing today. The Eagles active edge rushers have been awful this season. Brady may have all the time in the world to carve up this defense. Ugh.

7. DawkinsINT

I'm really disappointed by Hurts performance today. He just wasn't seeing the field and throwing late. An embarrassing performance overall by the team. I hope they learn from it.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yesterday I was so sick and so mad I dodn't want to say anything. I even considered finally quitting this damn team altogether. You can lose...I have no problem with that, at this point I'm even used to it.

But you cannot lose while commiting 14 penalties and then blaming the goddamned refs!! Sorry but that's just BS. I can't accept it and I have a lot of thinking to do. This is just loser mentality and I despise it like you have no idea.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

Fans of Washington and the Giants sure enjoyed yesterday a lot more than we did.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

They're picking at the top 10 of the draft...again. F them.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I went 3-3 on super wild card weekend and I'm not even mad. Divisional picks are already in, I'll share them later. I only picked one underdog this time.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, here are my divisional round picks. I'm on vacation this week and I'm doing this from my phone and I still don't feel comfortable writing walls of text with it...I'm an old millenial, what can I say? An autocorrect in two languages is a pain in the as**. I'll be brief...

Bengals +3.5 over Titans
    There's always an upset in this round and I think this one has the best chance. Joe Burrow has never lost a playoff game (including college, of course), I'm riding with him until he loses or faces the Chiefs next week.

Packers -6 over 49ers
    Are we aware that Kyle Shanahan was on the verge of yet another 4th quarter collapse until Mike McCarthy out-sucked him? Kyle Shanahan is the biggest lie in the NFL. Fight me. Rodgers will have no mercy this time.

Bucs -3 over Rams
    Personal policy to never bet against Tom Brady at least until the Championship round.

Chiefs -2.5 over Bills
    This was the toughest one. I'm taking the Chiefs only because they're at home.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

Good stuff, Teej.

I often think of this weekend as the best one of the year (with the possible exception of opening weekend). With the Eagles looking so horrible last week it has taken me a while to get excited. These matchups are all really interesting though and I'm finally over being angry at my team's incompetence. The Bills-Chiefs game really looks like it will be a fun one.

TJ likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

I can't believe how horrible the Packers' special teams were last night. They single handedly lost that game. The Packers had so many missed opportunities on offense and dropping interceptions on defense. I would imagine not many of their players slept well last night.

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

BUF vs KC was the Best game I've seen in my life.

2-2 this round, 5-5 in the playoffs. At least I'm breaking even xD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

The NFL couldn't be any happier with how great all of those games were. Bills-Chiefs was an instant classic. What a weekend!

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Just imagine if they tweak the overtime rules so each team has a chance to respond a score. This game would've finished at 4am with a score of 234-228.

For the Championship round KC opens as 7-point favorite and Rams are 3.5-point favorites. Am I crazy or does the Chiefs line feels a bit too high? Lot of thinking to do this week.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My picks are in:

Bengals +7 over Chiefs
    In clear violation of rule #3 "Never bet on a road underdog unless you think it can win outright". I think this will be another close, exciting game, probably will be decided in overtime, thus the 7 point line is just too high. I'm picking the Chiefs to win but not cover 30-24

Rams -3.5 over 49ers
    At some point I have to get it right. I've bet against these two in the last two rounds and I lost every time. I cannot bet on the niners. Not because I hate them, but because I don't trust Shanahan and Jimmy G. They can be up by 20 in the 4th and I still think the other team has a chance. I think the Rams will dominate this one and win 35-13.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

Bengals-Chiefs - I really don't care much about who wins. It would be cool for the long suffering Bengal fans but I also still have some love for Andy Reid.

49ers-Rams - Don't really care too much about who wins this game either even though my brother and one of my closest friends are 49ers fans. They've seen way too much success in the past. But I also can't stand McVay. Even though I'm an NFC guy I'll be rooting for the AFC winner in the SB.

TJ likes this.