The 2022 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Mar 4, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Bills just signed Von Miller for 6 years and 120 million dollars. After giving Josh Allen 40+ per year.

That's it. The salary cap is fake. I'm convinced now.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Eagles released Fletcher Cox. Man...It would be nice to have him on a one or two year deal, but the days of the Cowboys doing the splashy signings are long gone.

Also, Cowboys released La'el Collins. This one I don't understand. Sure, Steele played great in his absence last year but promoting a back up to starter after 3 good games doesn't sound smart to me. Oh, well...10 more million in delicious, unused cap space, I guess...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

There is a decent chance that Cox will re-sign with the Eagles. They had to cut him to save $18 million guaranteed to him. I'm torn on if I want him back or not. He has been average to below average the last couple of seasons. A new contract may have him play inspired again...who knows.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Desaun Watson got away with it. Unbelievable.

He's being traded to the Browns for 5 picks (3 1st and 2 2nd) and getting a massive, guaranteed deal making the second highest paid player in NFL history, only behind Rodgers a few days ago. Well, he has 22 lawsuits to settle so I'm sure that will help a lot.

I am so disgusted by this. I won't go as far as declaring I won't watch the NFL anymore, because let's not kid ourselves, but think about the message this sends.

I'm absolutely baffled.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And it gets worse because of course it does. It always get worse.

His base salary for 2022 will be the minimum, that way if he's suspended he'll lose next to nothing.

The Browns either came to Watson and pitched a way that they could help him further avoid accountability for his actions, or his agent asked for it and they said yes.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

I'm disgusted by the deal as well. You would think that with his issues that he would have been waaaay cheaper. I'm soooo glad the Eagles didn't do something so stupid. I have found myself kind of rooting for the Browns because I really like watching Chubb play. That ends now. F them.

TJ likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

Matt Ryan traded to the Colts for a 3rd round pick. The QB carousel in Indy over the last 5 or 6 years has been amazing.

TJ likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That I did not expect. They delayed some bonus payment in hoping they could land Watson and when they didn't they traded him anyway, and signed Marcus Mariota. Also, Jameis re-signed with the Saints. I'm sure Tom Brady looked at the NFC South QBs and said "wait, why did I retire, again?"

Who else is missing a QB at this point?

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Also, in a new episode of my favorite sitcom, "The Salary Cap is Fake", the Falcons are taking a 40-million dead cap hit and now I totally expect them to win the Super Bowl just to teach the Joneses a lesson.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys: Re-signed Anger

Cowboys fans: Resigned anger.

(Cowboys re-signed Punter Bryan Anger to 3-year deal. Second team all-pro in 2021, the most consistent player we had all season and that should tell the whole story).

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

Tyreek Hill getting traded to the Fins was something I wasn't expecting. 5 picks is a lot. Tua has no excuses now.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This is probably the most insane offseason I can remember, and I'm pretty sure I said the same last year. And the year before that.

That's right. Tua has no excuses now. Dolphins trying to catch up with the Bills in the AFC East. Should be fun.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

The Eagles just re-signed Derek Barnett for 2 years. I thought we were finally rid of him!!! I'm really looking forward to yet another 3rd down stop being negated by one of his dumbass penalties. At least he makes up for it by never getting a sack. Ugh!

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My almost cousin Marquez Valdes Scantling signed with the Chiefs.

Aaron Rodgers has now lost his top 2 WRs but hey, at least he got 150 million guaranteed.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bruce Arians announced his retirement last night, with Todd Bowles set to replace him as head coach of the Bucs.

The timing seems weird, doesn't it? I wonder if Brady had anything to do with that...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

That hit me as a surprise too. I don't know much about Brady's relationship with them to have any clue if he had any influence on the situation. Very odd timing for sure though.

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

TRADE: Eagles sending picks No. 16, No. 19 and No. 194 in the sixth round to the Saints in exchange for pick No. 18, No. 101 in the third round, No. 237 in the 7th round AND a 2023 first-round pick and 2024 second-round pick, per sources.

TL;DR: Saints now at 16, 19; Eagles at 15, 18.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

Great trade for the Eagles. I love having 2 firsts next year when the QB class should be much better if Hurts doesn't show improvement this season. The Saints must be looking to trade up.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

In today's episode of "the salary cap doesn't exist", the Bills just signed an extension with Stefon Diggs for 4 years and 96 million dollars. The same Bills who already are paying Josh Allen like 42 million per year.

The cap is fake. The Cowboys never got the memo...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

Damn...Dwayne Hoskins hit by a car and died last night. R.I.P.