Final thoughts on the 2021-22 Lakers season

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Apr 28, 2022.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So LeBron is having his "MJ in the Wizards" phase but 4 years younger than expected. Cute.

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

The gist of the debate is I wasn't too ready to simply chalk a bad season up to injuries. Plenty of other teams had players miss time and still made the post-season.

And I think LBJ still has a fair amount left in the tank, more than MJ did in Washington. Considerably better shape too.

Can LeBron's Kareem chase and title-chase co-exist though?

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Granted, I don't watch much basketball anymore, but I only remember LeBron taking over a game and winning it by himself once. In the Finals game he clinched the title for the Cavs. That's it. MJ did it every other game and all the time in the playoffs.

Maybe it's the fact that I was 14 at the time and I'm almost 40 now. You idealize things. In the 90s everybody wanted to "be like Mike"...yes, even here. I have never heard a kid say they want to be like LeBron.

I know it's a tired argument, but I'm kind of bored today XD.

And to answer your question, no. Usually the chase of records and a championship usually can't co-exist. I remember Emmitt breaking Payton's all time rushing yards record. The Cowboys went 5-11 that year. We had Chad Freakin' Hutchinson at QB. Ugghh...

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

The way the game has changed, Teej, I'm pretty sure Emmitt's record is safe for a while. Despite what he did, and who he played with, to get there.