The 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by TJ, Apr 18, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hi. I'm back from my Easter vacation.

The draft is next week and I don't remember the last time there were no consensus top 10 picks, let a lone a #1. It's a draft rich in edge rushers and OL, not many QBs apparently, so it will be fun, I guess.

Cowboys pick at 24 and I have no idea what they will do. OL is the main need IMO but they could also go after a WR (they seem to grow on trees these days) or another LB to pair with Parsons, after we didn't land Bobby Wagner (Why, Jerry?!?! WHY?!?!)

What do you want your team to do on draft day?

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm very happy with the Eagles first round. If Jordan Davis can stay in shape he will be a beast in the middle of the defensive line. He will make things so much easier for the edge rushers to get to the QB and linebackers to clean up the run.

The trade for AJ. Brown really has me excited. I can't believe we now have two excellent receivers on the outside. It really helps to see what Jalen Hurts will be. If he's not the QB of the future the team has plenty of picks next year to get a good one.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I hate that the Eagles seem competent for once and I hate that you're very happy, Dawk. I hate that AJ Brown is with the Eagles now and I hate that you gave him the 100 million dollar extension.

I don't hate the Cowboys pick, but it doesn't excite me either. Tyler Smith led the world in penalties last year and comes to replace the other guy who led the world in penalties last year. Cowboys Twitter is melting down but what else is new? The last time I thought a pick was "meh" it was Zack Martin a.k.a. "not Johnny Manziel". We needed OL help so it's fine, I guess...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This is the first time ever that I see the "draft grades" all over the place. In the past few years at least they were consistent among all the different sources, but now some "experts" give the Cowboys draft a D, another one a B+ and even an A somewhere else.

The draft is a lottery...I like the tickets we got.

DawkinsINT likes this.