2022 Week 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 6, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, looks like once again we made it!! Season starts this week and I don't feel the same excitement as before. Maybe I got old, this is what the 40s feel like.

It's Bills vs. Rams on thursday, and it looks promising. I think Josh Allen is going to be lights out this year and be involved in the MVP race. The Rams are a great team and I think the'll repeat as NFC champions. So this should be a good one.

As for the Cowboys...meh. They could finish 15-2 or 2-15 and I wouldn't be surprised either way. It would be hilarious for them to finally win when they're trying to tank the season. Yes, I still think that. So hopefully this season won't' put too much stress on my mental health...like my dad says (and now it's starting to make sense to me):

I'm getting too old for this.

Let the games begin.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I just bet 40 pesos (2 dollars) on the Cowboys moneyline because I hate myself and had some spare change. +105 odds...Vegas is more optimistic than me.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I just got back from vacation in Myrtle Beach so I still haven't made the switch from summer to football season. I'm sure that will change on Sunday. The Eagles open in Detroit and Philly sports talk is all over the place these last couple of days. Quite a few think there is a good change the Eagles will lose because the Lions have run an old school tough camp while the Eagles have run short practices with very little hitting. With so many new starters on the team I wouldn't be surprised if we start the season a bit slow. The season really does seem like it will come down to Hurts. I hope he immediately shows improvement over last year to give me confidence that the team can be a true contender in the NFC.

TJ likes this.
  4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Beware the Lions at home, Dawk.

That being said, this week I like the Bengals, Panthers, Dolphins and Titans as my four eliminator teams, which means at least one of them will lose.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Not sure if the Bills are a juggernaut or the Rams' Super Bowl hangover will be the worst ever but that was a real as* kicking last night!! Josh Allen is the front-runner for MVP, and Von Miller will apparently live forever. What a performance!!

In the "The Cowboys are tanking" front, Dak was limited in practice yesterday because of a foot injury. He says it's not a big deal, but I've heard that before. I totally expect him to miss 2 or 3 games and play at half capacity for the whole season...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

I only watched parts of the first half and it was pretty sloppy as can be expected. I guess the Bills really poured it on in the 2nd half. Good. I can't stand the Rams.

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

They looked pretty damn good from what I could tell.

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

I watched parts of the 2nd half on NFL Network this morning. The Bills looked phenomenal. They are going to be extremely tough to beat.

11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

If I were to set the over/under of total combined losses this season of the Buffalo Bills and Georgia Bulldogs at 3 1/2, which end would you guys play and for how much?

12. DawkinsINT

Eagles survived Detroit. I was not a fan of the play calling. They really need to run the ball with Miles Sanders more. Great debut by AJ Brown with 155 yard receiving. I know the Lions have a good offensive line but the Eagles run defense was garbage. A W on the road though.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I feel redeemed!! My Cowboys are secretly tanking take never made more sense. This offense is putrid. I mean 2015 levels of putrid...and QB1 isn't even hurt this time.

I'll say more tomorrow, including the beating I took with my bets today, which I made last minute. I hadn't lost this much money since I paid my divorce lawyer.

Chump, count me in.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Weren't we just talking about the Cowboys and a back-up quarterback?

Dak out 6-8 weeks with thumb surgery.

15. DawkinsINT

Yeah, that really sucks for Dak. Good for their tank though.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I jinxed it. "Dak isn't even hurt"...5 seconds after I click post reply, BOOM!!! His thumb explodes and the interns have to go look for it in the field after the game.

If Jerry doesn't make a panic move like, say, trade a 2nd round pick for Jimmy G, then I'll confirm he's tanking. Cooper Rush can hold the fort for a few drives or even a game, but not for 8 weeks.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

Derek Barnett with a torn ACL and done for the year...crap. This will definitely hurt the pass rush rotation.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You gotta give credit to Jerry Jones. Not only did he make a fortune with oil rings in the 80s, and became a successful business man that allowed him to purchase the Dallas Cowboys, one of the most iconic sports franchises in America and maybe even the world. Then he successfully managed to become the General Manager and built a team that won 3 super bowls in 4 years in the 90s, and then helped build the NFL and make it earn 10+ billion dollars annually.

Now Jerry is facing his toughest role yet: team doctor. He just said he thinks Dak will only miss 3 weeks and not 8 like originally expected. Wonderful!! What a man!! Is there something he can't do? Shouldn't he be researching a cure for cancer?

By the way... Tony Romo's collarbone says hi o_O

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, it's wednesday, no panic move yet and Dak won't even go to IR as per Dr. Jerry Jones. Looks like we're rolling with Cooper Rush, and then with Will Grier, probably...

I'm this close from checking out for the season...this close!!!

20. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.