The 2022 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Apr 1, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I went 5 for 8 in the round of 16. Let's go to the quarterfinals with very interesting match-ups:

Brazil over Croatia. No brainer here. Brazil is a juggernaut right now.
    Netherlands over Argentina. Just get it over already, Argentina. You're not winning this tournament.
    France over England. This might very well be the best game in the tournament and I can't wait.
    Portugal over Morocco. The clock will strike midnight for Moroccian cinderella. But what a run it has been!! They have my respect.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, Brazil has been knocked out in penalties and I cannot believe it!!

At this point, anyone but Argentina, please...PLEASE!!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I went 1 for 4 in the quarterfinals in what has turned out to be my worst World Cup from a picks point of view...I'll turn it around in the last 4 games.

My final is France vs. Croatia. Like in 2018.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

BTW...still as a semifinalist I saw Morocco +1000 for world Champion so of course I put some action on it...just in case.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I hate this stupid world cup!!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, sanity came back for a couple of hours and the Final is set. Argentina vs. France. You know who I'm picking and rooting for at this point. I'm French for the next 4 days. Merci.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I picked France at +175 odds...I thought it was weird as they should be favorites. Then I saw Argentina at +195. Vegas expects a tie and a PK shootout which would suck for a Final...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Besides the tension, I agree that a PK shootout would be a horrible way to end it too. I'm rooting for France also.

TJ likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That final was amazing. I honestly don’t know enough about the history of it, but I would assume that’s got to be one of the best of all time.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I was this close to turning it off half way through the second half. France looked dead...then Mbappé happened.

The last 15 minutes and all the extra time were the most amazing football (soccer whatever) I've seen in my life. Such a shame it ended in PKs.

All in all a good World Cup...amazing at times...I still think the one from 1998 was better.

Congrats to Argentina. I'll go throw up now for saying that...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known