The 2023 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 27, 2023.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

According to Schefter, Ezekiel Elliott has three offers and one is from the Eagles...I'm sorry, but I can't stop thinking about DeMarco Murray.

Hey, Dawk...remember DeMarco Murray? :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'll never forget the DeMarco Murray disaster, which was part of the Chip Kelly disaster. His dislike of LeSean McCoy leading to Murray angers me to this day.

Luckily in this case there has been no offer to Zeke from the Eagles. It's basically his wish list.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LOL...yeah, apparently Schefty got it wrong again. He either does make stuff up, or someone is determined to make him look bad.

4. DawkinsINT

I used to always tune in when I heard Schefty was coming on one of the Philly sports stations. Now I purposely avoid his segments.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All other teams reported by Schefter (Bengals and Jets) have said no offer was made and they're not interested. Damn...

6. DawkinsINT

I wonder how much he is looking for. He seems like he would be a decent short yardage runner for someone on the cheap.

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He's pretty much a fullback at this point. He's a great blocker, probably the best RB I've seen picking up blitzes. He saved Dak's as$ countless times.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

There are two 6 billion dollar bids to buy the Washington team. If it finally happens it will be the end of an amazing era of Washington sucking. Perhaps they still will, but in a more gracious way...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

On one of those "I'm so glad I don't live in the US" moments that usually happen on mass shootings, youtube announced that the new Sunday Ticket will cost $449 per season. Those are dollars. Yes, I double checked and confirmed.

The international package that I use since 2018 costs 1/3 of that. Now that I think about it, I hope that's still a thing and hasn't been replaced by this, because yes, I'm a huge fan, but there's no way in he*l I'll pay that much. I'm getting all 162 Mariners games on MLB TV for 100 bucks per season. The NFL is losing its mind.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

I saw that too and was shocked. I'm probably going to subscribe to Youtube TV to save about $100 on the ticket, but I'll also be splitting it with my brother.

TJ likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

What a sad day for most NFC East fans as Josh Harris is buying the Commanders. I wish Snyder could stay there forever. Unfortunately as a Sixers fan I know that Harris is fairly competent. :frown:

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Came here to say exactly that: A sad day for the NFC East. Hopefully the WC team rebuild will still take some time but now there's a chance it will actually be done.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Here we go. Fresh ESPN alert on my phone:

Eagles, Hurts, reach five year extension. 255 million, 179 guaranteed.

Well done. You will come to understand that once you pay your QB, it's over...unless that QB is Mahomes, of course.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

I love that there is a no trade clause. That's commitment!

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

No trade clauses are a two-edge sword. Imagine if Wentz had a no trade clause. You can be stuck with a bad player and a massive hole in your cap after he turns into a pumpkin, like Wentz did.

Heck...Dak has a no trade and a no tag clause XD. And sometimes even I get the urge to just get rid of him and start over...

Once again, good luck!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

What makes me happy about the no trade clause is that the Eagles did go through the whole Wentz situation. They obviously have such a high level of confidence in Hurts to do this. I think it's a great sign of their faith in him.

TJ likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He didn't go the fully guaranteed route. Owners are winning the war. You can say you signed for 400 trillion dollars...it's the guaranteed amount what matters.

Lamar must be mad. Owners must be happy. Let's see what Burrow and Herbert do now.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

The salary cap hits against Hurts' contract are fantastic.
    2023: $6.15M
    2024: $13.56M
    2025: $21.77M
    2026: $31.77M

Through the first 4 years of his contract it's possible that he won't even be in the Top 100 in the NFL in cap hits. This is where it would currently rank:
    2023: 267th
    2024: 166th
    2025: 60th
    2026: 31st

Roseman/Lurie do it again.

TJ likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, then in '27 and '28 the cap hit is like 90 million for each year but by then you either extended him already, or moved on.

That's how you do it. I wish my front office was that smart, but no...the Joneses are way over their heads.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Word on Twitter is that Matt Patricia is set to join the Eagles coaching staff in some capacity. I'm all for it, but can't help but wonder...why? You have a very good thing going, Eagles...

DawkinsINT likes this.