The 2023 Seattle Mariners

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by TJ, Mar 29, 2023.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wow...that was a crazy game for sure.

TJ likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We took a series against the Astros. There was a time when I didn't think it was possible. We're also back at .500 for the first time since the second game of the season and Bryce "Don't call me Harper" Miller looked like an ace in his second career start (6 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs).

EDIT: It's going to take a while to get used to another Bryce.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

(Insert starting pitcher's name) threw six perfect innings, took a no-hitter to the 7th inning, and the Mariners lost.

This is starting to get annoying.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Nothing like a 4 game series at home against arguably the worst major league team of all time (Oakland A's) to reset, and get everybody back on track and move the record back to .500. Geez, this team is awful. There's a serious argument on social media on if they could beat a AAA team. I say not the top ones XD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

4-game series at home against the A's? Send all the best players out...nobody rests.

3-game series against the Yankees with a possible wild card on the line? Yeah, let's rest half the team today.

I swear I don't understand managers sometimes...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

Phillies play the Mets tonight and they are resting Harper even though they had an off day yesterday. I don’t understand it. Ugh.

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So George Kirby threw 8 scoreless innings against the Yankees. Now you would think this is an easy win for him and the team, right? Well, not in Seattle. M's won 1-0 in a walk off hit in the 10th inning and Kirby got a no-decision. He got once again Felix'd.

I'm just glad they won. The last couple of times the starters threw gems like that, the team lost. Now we get the Rangers for the weekend and it's crucial to take at least two games.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Back at .500 after being swept by the Rangers (and "swept" is putting it lightly...we were destroyed, anhihilated, blown up, it was so ugly to see... the aggregated score in the 3-game series was something like 34-3). Even though we have a better record than at this point last year, it feels like it's not going to happen this time. The AL East will take all the wild cards and we're not catching up the Rangers and Astros. It's June 5th and it feels like the season is over...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This team has the Dallas Cowboys syndrome in which it beats up the bad teams, but can't beat the good teams. Easy win last night in San Diego, which is a complete disappointment with all the money they spent.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

First series in Anaheim this year.

Last year, after they threw at Julio's head, a brawl started that got everybody suspended. It was awesome...especially because from that point forward the M's turned it around, won 14 in a row and made the playoffs. I hope to see some fighting again today or at some point this weekend.

Go M's. Eff the Angels. Eff Ohtani. And SUPER EFF Trout.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm ceremoniously closing the 2023 thread. It's not happening this year and the focus has changed to just make it to .500.

I just hope they don't go crazy trying to trade the farm for some 2B or DH. This team is not one piece away from contending. Shut it down and start over next year.

When do training camps in the NFL start again?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The top 6 hitters of the line-up went 0-13 with 11 Ks last night...that didn't matter because the M's still managed to score 9 runs and win a series against a winning team since I don't even know when. We're trying to decide if chaos ball is back. Anyway...back to .500 yet again and they're trying to bring me back...

George Kirby is going to throw a no-hitter eventually. I just know it.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

BY THE WAY!!

The Oakland A's are no longer the worst team in history. They're not even the worst team this year anymore!! They won their seventh straight last night, against the Rays, of all teams. Quite the turn around for a team that refused to quit even though their ownership did. So much respect!!

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Mariners had their "F*ck you, Jabu!! I'll do it myself" moment yesterday by scoring 8 runs in 2 innings in Yankee Stadium. Of course we lost the series because they had like 3 hits the previous two games so I've learned to take these sporadic performances with a grain of salt. Still it was fun to watch. Now if they could just make is sustainable...

We open a series in Baltimore this evening and I'm expecting once again to see them strike out 15 times at least...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

I was really pulling for you guys to win the series. I hate the Yankees.

TJ likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

On a 6-game road trip to the east coast against the Yankees and Orioles, the M's run difference was like +25. They went 2-4.

What's the opposite of Chaos Ball? :(

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Tie game, bottom of the 10th, bases loaded, no outs AND THEY CAN'T SCORE A SINGLE RUN!!! Against one of the worst teams in the league...

Stick a fork on me...I'm done.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

Wow...I saw that they lost. I didn't know it was that painful. Ouch.

TJ likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The bases got loaded with two straight walks LOL. He pitched one strike to the first 2 batters. ONE. 3, 4, 5 come up. A hit wins the game. A fly ball wins the game. Heck, a freakin' walk wins the game!! But no...they want the Grand Slam. They want the headlines. They swing for the fences to the wildest and most horrible pitches possible, and we lost the game. It was incredibly frustrating to watch and I think I'm taking a break until after the ASG...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hours after losing a series to one of the worst teams in the league at home, the Mariners and Mariners fans lost one of the last bragging rights we had. German from the Yankees threw a perfect game, the first one in 11 years since The King Felix Hernandez did it in Seattle. Having the last perfect game was one of the last things we had...and with the rules changes and pitching management of the last decade, I really thought it would be the last perfect game ever or at least in a very, very long time. It could've been anyone from any team, but nooooo...it had to be the worst POS player in the worst POS team (or second, behind the Astros). Baseball gods have a weird sense of humor.

Now all it's left is someone winning 117 games in a season and then we'll have nothing. The only team to never reach the World Series is losing all it had...as little as it was...

Long live The King.

DawkinsINT likes this.