Should Mike Vick be suspended?

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by TDJets72027, Jul 18, 2007.

?

Should Vick be suspended?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    76.3%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. Ranger

Ranger BANNED GHOST

They should suspend him at least until he is proven innocent. Goodell seems to be working "Guilty until proven innocent". Considering his position with Pac-Man, this may be a good idea.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Man, talk about a land slide of a poll, LOL.

3. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

i think he should get some time off, based on whether he is convicted or not. If he isn't convicted, maybe 2 weeks for involvement in that the house is his. If convicted, not allow him back in the NFL. No matter how good of a player you are, killing defenseless dogs deserves some repercussions.

In fact, if he is convicted, can we do to him what he did to the dogs?

4. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Bob Barker and his beauties can do that :icon_biggrin:

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I was reading an article in the Dallas Morning News on Sunday that mentioned a couple of incidents that Vick got into that I wasn't aware of.

1. In Vick's hometown, Newport News, Va., police had charged two men with drug trafficking after finding marijuana in their pickup truck. Actually, it wasn't their truck. It was Vick's.

2. Two members of Vick's circle traveling with him through the Atlanta airport in October 2004 got in trouble, when they pocketed a watch they saw and liked.

According to Atlanta police records, a security camera caught Quanis Phillips and another man, Todd Harris, picking up a Rolex while passing through a security checkpoint with Vick.

The watch belonged to Alvin Spencer, a security screener. After seeing the video, Spencer went to the airport police to file a report.

Spencer later said a police detective, promising that Vick would return the watch, urged him not to file a report. The detective hadn't talked to Vick, though, records show. He had called the Falcons.

Later, the owner of the watch said a Falcons executive offered him money to keep Vick's name out of a police report.

When are the Falcons going to dump this guy? He's making the Falcons organization look very bad.

6. Guitarzan-54

Guitarzan-54 ONE COOL CAT

"Immediately suspending Vick is not only warranted, it is crucial to a civilized society.

Goodell is disgracing the league, its many honorable players, and himself to do otherwise."

[​IMG]

.​

7. EnglishTom

EnglishTom Starter

I don't see how someone can be punished until their guilt has been proven?

If he's found guilty, a life ban is too short :censored:

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well English, Pacman Jones is sitting out a year and has never even gone to trial..

Welcome to GIF, enjoy yourself!!!

9. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

They basically have to sit him down until this whole thing plays out because the firestorm and uproar it causes with people. For some reason I can't yet understand, we are horrified at the details of the case but have never shown this type of emotion when the abuse is to another person and not an animal. I think because dog fighting and the torture that was going on is so new to the public in general, our sensibilities are that much more offended. However, the shooting incidents involving a couple players this off season seem to fall out of the news cycle w/in a day or two.

10. chief31

chief31 Chiefs monster

I know I keep making this point, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Pacman wasn't suspended for breaking the law. He was suspended for breaking the rules. (Repeatedly)

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

31 my comment was to English who said we should wait to see if the courts see him as innocent or guilty.

12. BigMo

BigMo PACKER FANS SUCK

Is there any doubt about his quilt?

:icon_rolleyes: Guilty until proven innocent! This is America after all!:rules2:

13. happ

happ PECAVI

Until he's convicted, he should be treated as if he were innocent.

14. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Where's that video of a dog tearing the fluff out of a Vick doll? :icon_cool:

15. MichaelVick7

MichaelVick7 BANNED

you are so right

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Says the Falcon fan....hmmmmmmmmm

17. happ

happ PECAVI

Okay, I am guilty on that one, but it's true. We've never seen someone indicted to make a name for a prosecutor, or have we?

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The NFL is suspending him or whatever they are doing for his conduct not for his guilt or innocence in the actual legal matter. It's the player conduct thing

19. Guitarzan-54

Guitarzan-54 ONE COOL CAT

He's guilty as sin, and everyone knows it. They just haven't gone through the formalities yet.
    They don't press charges like this, against an icon like this, unless they have substantial evidence to support it.
    Especially after the O.J. fiasco.

Not to mention he personally condoned the killing of at least 8 of those animals.

How many times do you have to body slam an animal to the ground before it finally dies, anyway?
    How many times did it yelp, and wonder what the hell it was being brutalized like that for?

Wonder if it looked anything like this:
    [​IMG]

...or perhaps like this:
    [​IMG]
    (two of the surviving pups from VICK's backyard enterprise.)

How many hours does it take to "hang" a dog to death?
    How many laughs were shared around the ole' camp fire while watching it, while it writhered in a make-shift nose,
    as the light finally went out in it's eyes?
    How many bets were taken as to just how long it would take????

SCREW VICK!

Bye-Bye Mikey.

Bring plenty of K-Y where you're going....they're gonna love you!

This looks like the last thing you'll ever be scrambling from...

[​IMG]

....except for the boys in the Big House, of course.

20. happ

happ PECAVI

What conduct? So far the only thing they know for sure is that his cousin was smoking doobies and had a lot of dogs on the property, though he was a licensed breeder. That is all that is established as fact, everything else is speculation and hasn't been proven.

I haven't seen those photos, mind sharing your source with us? I am not one saying that he didn't do anything, but it hasn't been proven either way as of yet.