Titans get restraining order against Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by yisman, Aug 10, 2007.

1. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

hahahahahaha, they're trying to keep him from appearing at a wrestling event.

2. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

I thought restraining orders were in place to keep people apart? Can one really be put into place so somebody cannot go to an event or place anyway from said person?

3. fumetti

fumetti Fan Since 1980!

This is just vindictiveness. They want Jones to stew in misery and nothing else.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Pacman Jones and the Titans have reached an agreement for the pay per view this sunday and here it is.

"ESPN.com reported early Saturday morning that the Tennessee Titans and Adam "Pacman" Jones had reached an agreement to modify a temporary restraining order that probibited Pacman working for TNA in any capacity.

Under the deal, Jones would agree to avoid physical contact of any kind, reports ESPN. While the agreement allows Jones to have an out of ring involvement with TNA, it doesn't allow him to engage in anything that places him at risk for injury or personal harm.

The two sides will go before a judge Saturday morning to finalize the deal.

TNA still says as of Friday that Pacman will be at the Hard Justice PPV on Sunday."

www.wrestlezone.com

5. DaBearsrule4ever

The Titans and Pacman Jones have reached an agreement that Pacman Jones have reached an agreement that Pacman will be able to appear at the Hard Justice PPV this Sunday BUT Pacman agreed to avoid any physical contact and/or personal harm. This is being taken court today to try and get approval from the judge.

6. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I don't see how he can win that, you cant predict if you're going to get hurt or not, just like all sports.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

There is a way that he can avoid injury while being part of a wrestling event and thats being a manager. The agreement sounds pretty reasonable to me. So I don't see a problem with Pacman getting what he wants here. If he were to take this to court without reaching an agreement with the Titans, then he would have no chance at winning this. I believe that restraining order really got Pacman's attention, so him and the Titans compromised.

Just found out on wrestlezone.com that the compromise between Pacman and the Titans has been approved.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This is bullcrap, man!!! He's suspended without pay!! The man needs to make a living!!

9. DaBearsrule4ever

I agree but I can honestly see where the Titans are coming from for two reasons.

1. It's in any NFL players contract.

2. I can see the Titans using Pacman as trade bait when his suspension is over.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I agree TJ and we all know that cat of a man named Gene Upshaw isn't going to be helping Pacman anytime soon, NFLPA my ass!!!! They should rename it IGYHWGTMTA, The I'll Get You Help When Goodell Tells Me To Association.