Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nixon

Nixon would you kindly

didn't you want Quentin Moses? :lol:

someone at Stillers.com pointed out that Byron Leftwich's QB coach was Ken Anderson. The same guy coaching Ben now. /Steelers QB is d0med.

2. Steelers | Simmons signs four-year extension with team
    Sun, 2 Sep 2007 08:36:44 -0700
    Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers OG Kendall Simmons has signed a contract extension that will keep him with the team through the 2011 season. The four-year extension is worth $24 million with $8.5 million guaranteed.

3. Nixon

Nixon would you kindly

eh... what?

is that a joke?

what the hell is going on here?

Ken-doll? Seriously? That freaking incompetent goober from Auburn?

4. slap in the face to #66..

5. Blood-Sweat-Steel

Blood-Sweat-Steel NFL-Fans Immigrant

What a joke signing Simmons over Faneca. You sign a guy who is injury-prone, has missed numerous games over his career, who is above average at best for 6 million dollars a year? Over a perrinel All-Pro, Who has missed 2 games in his carrer, A true professional and leader, and a potential Hall of Famer! Are you kidding me!!! I don't know what Faneca wants from the Steelers, but if he wanted to be paid in the top 10, which by judging from the contracts that were give to Gs in FA, it's only 1 million dollars more than what your paying for Simmons! Age can't be a factor Simmons is 28, Faneca is 30. The only thing I can think of is they were turned off by Faneca's outburst at mini-camp.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

All Faneca wants is to get paid, and he'll go to whomever will pay him.

7. Blood-Sweat-Steel

Blood-Sweat-Steel NFL-Fans Immigrant

Colbert hasn't been amazing on Day 2, but I don't think he's been awful either. Most drafts only have 2, maybe 3 contributing players after 3 years. Anything more than that, its a great draft. Look at anyones roster, everybody is drafting for need on Day 1. Colbert actually redeems himself greatly b/c of his eye for UDFA talent. 5 rookies made the team this year (Timmons, Woodley, Speath, Spedulva, and Gay) and 2 UDFA did too (Russel, Stapleton). There are alot of UDFA on the team (A. Harrison, J. Harrision, Parker, Washington, Hoke, Krewialdt along with new guys Davis and Cooper) I don't know why he's better at UDFA than Day 2, but maybe its because their cheaper.

8. The Bitter Truth

The Bitter Truth Fans Refugee

Well, we would have Haggans as the backup. Which IMHO Haggans would be an excellent backup.

9. Steely

Steely Earl of Idle

oh, i would love Haggans as a back up. problem is we really don't have someone that's proven to be better...and that's a serious problem at that position in my book.

10. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

With Chukky Okobi being cut, does this mean Sean Mahan is the Steelers starting center?

11. Blitz Junkie

Blitz Junkie J.A.F.O

Yea, Mahan will start.

12. Nixon

Nixon would you kindly

Mahan is starting, Stapleton is back up center. Apparently Wexell thinks Stapleton should be starting.

13. Woodley55

Woodley55 6 SUPERBOWLS

Its great that Gary Russell and Carey Davis made it along with William Gay . But Marquis Cooper ? Darnell Stapleton as backup , They better hope Mahan is the real thing or are they thinking on Smmons being Center .

14. Steely

Steely Earl of Idle

i just watched the replay of our game with the Panthers....Stapleton looked pretty damn decent. i hadn't noticed him before that game:icon_eek:

15. Woodley55

Woodley55 6 SUPERBOWLS

But could he start if he has to

16. Steely

Steely Earl of Idle

he was playing against lesser talent in that game so i don't know. however, the staff must thinks he can or Chucky wouldn't have been cut.

17. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Nice way to start the year with a big win over the Brownies....hopefully that momentum will continue throughout the year.

19. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

Yeah lets hope it does. but the Clowns do suck. Too many dropped passes by receivers today though.

20. Steely

Steely Earl of Idle

there were at least 4 'dead in the hands' drops....not good.

but this is the first time in my life the Stillers hold the edge life time against the Stains and i didn't hear anyone mention it. not even on NFL network. you'd think the longest running rival in the AFC would at least get mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.