The GIF Idiot(s) Of The Week Award (Week 1)

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by Chrisbob, Sep 11, 2007.

?

Who is The Idiot Of Week 1

Poll closed Sep 16, 2007.
  1. Eagles Special Teams

38.1%
  2. Eric Green

9.5%
  3. Jason David

9.5%
  4. Romeo Crennel

14.3%
  5. The Ravens Offense

11.9%
  6. Joey Harrington

2.4%
  7. Other

14.3%
  1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Eagles Special Teams: Messed up big time versus Green Bay.

Eric Green: Knock the ball out of the end zone or recover the fumble, your team sits at 1-0.

Jason David: His arse is still burning.

Romeo Crennel: Names his starting QB, benches him and trades him away within a few days.

The Ravens Offense: Just hold on to the damn ball!

Joey Harrington: 2 TD passes..............to the Vikings defense.

Other: Name and shame 'em.

2. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I don't see how anyone could not vote for the Eagles, I don't know what the FREAK they were thinking, I just hope they play like that against us come Monday night, cause it'll be an EASY win.

3. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

how about the patriots, for getting caught cheating in the past, and yet not stopping?

also jack del rio.

I'd go with McNair more than the entire ravens offense. What an awful QB.

4. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Gotta go with Eric Green, just because its my team that would be sitting at 1-0. I won't be over that loss for a month

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Other:

The Bills have a 2-pt lead with over 2 minutes to go. Second and 10: they run out of bounds. Third and short: they throw deep, incomplete. Punt, Denver rallies, kick the winning FG with one second left...game over.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Obviously the Eagles special teams gets my vote. I'm still pissed.

7. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I went with other...the Chiefs offense...and Justin Medlock...how could you leave them off the poll CB???

8. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

Romeo, not for trading Charlie, but for waiting this long to do it.

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Not that it would of mattered in the game but NO calling a timeout when the game was pretty much over was pretty idiotic.

But I'll go with the Eagles.

10. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Romeo Crennel, name your starting QB then get rid of him....nice

11. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Joey Harrington. :icon_smile:

12. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Well, I went for Eric Green because he went for glory and all he had to do was swat it out of the end zone. Think man think!

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Eagles special teams....sorry but they were supposed to beat packers and clearly that cost them the game.

14. Milan

Milan Starter

Other: Jets fans. That was terrible.

15. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Jets fans who cheered Pennington's injury.

Also the Pats.

16. GawdZeeRaa

GawdZeeRaa Calm Like a Bomb

Yeah, those guys definitely get the L this week.

17. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

I think Reggie Wayne just got past Jason David again...

18. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

The GIF Idiots Of The Week...the freaking TV networks and there freaking overhead cameras

Michael David Smith
    Posted Sep 10th 2007 12:27PM by Michael David Smith

The turning point of the Chargers' 14-3 win over the Bears yesterday came when a San Diego punt took an odd bounce, hit the Bears' unsuspecting Brandon McGowan and was recovered by San Diego's Matt Wilhelm.

Up until that point, the Bears were clinging to a 3-0 lead, but the Chargers got the ball at the 29-yard line, scored four plays later and held on for the fourth quarter.

So why did the ball take that bounce and end up far from where McGowan thought it would be? Chargers punter Mike Scifres says it hit one of the wires that suspends TV cameras over the field.

That's a terrible -- and unfair -- blow to the Bears. Everyone knows that the unpredictability of a bouncing oblong ball is part of the game of football, but wires hanging above the field shouldn't be part of the game of football. The NFL and the TV networks need to ensure that those cameras and the wires that hold them are so high above the field that there's no chance of a punt, pass or kickoff hitting one.

19. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

How do you not list the Jets defense? I think they're STILL trying to pressure Tom Brady or figure out where the hell Randy Moss is...

20. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Eric Green. But I thank him for being an idiot.