Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

we hold it if you include postseason. But the Regular season is still on the crap stains favor.. at least for now.. 1 more win and we have the regular season tie.. so 2 more for lead

But we hold the overall record.. not regular season.. and undefeated in the postseason.

2. Woodley55

Woodley55 6 SUPERBOWLS

Could it be that the Brownies are the worst team in the league :icon_eek: even it they are a win is a win . Sean Mahan did fine against old fat cat Washington but had some problems when the lb came up the middle , i think he be fine after a few games as center . Matt Spaeth did fine blocking and proved he's got nice hands . BigBen w/Hines , Holmes where in sinc i thought , Willie wasnt though i think he misses Kreider blocking for him but Willie will have games like this cause he is not a power runner . Daniel Sepulveda will be a PROBOWLER .

3. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

so we get to play a beat up bills team this week. How many sacks does the Steel Curtain get this week? I am saying only 3 sacks on JP. I also say that willie gets 2 TDs this week with Ben tossing 2.

4. Steely

Steely Earl of Idle

no stat predictions here. last sunday we did what we were supposed to do, beat a bad stains team. granted, it was an butt whoppin' but still, weren't we supposed to do that?

i'm excited about this year but i have to force myself to stay grounded after early butt whoppins against bad teams. that said, i think we may open some eyes this year. nobody is picking us to do much of anything. all eyes are on the Pats, Bolts and Colts. in the AFCN it's all Ravens and to a lesser extent, the Bangles. both of those teams could be had by the Stillers if you use the opening week as a benchmark. the often injured McNair seems have continued his love affair with the check down. and if he's out for anytime at all, in comes Bller doing his best Peter Brady imitation. they can't win big like that. Palmer looked like "Wild Thing" and not stepping into his throws if the Ravens got any pressure around him. if all that continues....the North is ours.

hmm....maybe i let my feet get off the ground just a little:icon_cheesygrin:

5. GeoSteelerFan

GeoSteelerFan Illegitimi non carborundu

Overall, I liked how they did against the Stains. The only problem I did not like was how the offense stalled after the second TD and seemed to not start up again until after halftime.

My fear is that a good team will take advantage of the stalled offense.

6. JLambert

JLambert Starter

Don't invest in condos.

Well, there's no accounting for taste.

Thats pretty weak, and not too thought out.

Where is the entire draft class going to go? Start Counting our losses against or FA signings and Picks.

Not by a long shot. It is the increasing price of mediocrity. 66 turned down that money already. Its a band-aid contract with most of its money in the last 2 years, so we doing lose 3 potential starters next year (Faneca/Starks/Simmons).

I don't think the Stains are that bad. Chiefs/Raiders/Falcons should be the bottom of the pile.

Their should be an implosion watch on the Jags/Ravens/Bungholes

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I'm looking forward to watching the game this week vs Denver. This will be a big test for both teams. That's a bad cliche but true for this game.

8. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I agree with Wide Right.

9. The pass D and the O-Line eerily reminded me of last year....

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

well were 9-3 going into week 14 against the Patriots now...

The pass D has played great this year and the offensive line is slowly improving and blocking for Ben.

To beat the Patriots the Steelers have to pressure Tom Brady and Willie Parker needs a big game, we have to establish the run to open up the pass, the offense needs to get into the redzone because thats where the Patriots are at their weakest based on stats.

Should be a good game, Im taking Pittsburgh 27-24.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Crowned, I agree with everything you typed there but you forgot one big thing and I feel that is really the whole key to the game.
    MISTAKES.......Steelers can't make them and have to capitalize on Pats' mistakes. Getting in redzone is all fine and good but mistakes that stop the drive with only 3 points or less won't win. Pressure on Brady is all fine and good but if you slip up in coverage while pressuring him.....no good. Establish the run is a good thing but if we fumble the ball away...no good. Pats pass defense seems beatable sometimes so....maybe we pass to establish the run? Remember the Broncos playoff game a couple years back? Everyone said Pitt would run run run....we came out and passed passed passed and won the game. Should be an interesting game. We'll see what happens but Steelers MUST minimize mistakes and be opportunistic.

12. Crowned

yea i agree, I remember earlier in the season i felt like we were unstoppable on 3rd and 5 or less, Big Ben found a way to convert 90% of them, lately a 3rd down might as well be a punt for us because thats all its delaying is a punt.. Aside from the run game Ben needs to do what it takes to convert 3rd downs without making a crucial mistake

13. Crowned

We'll the Steelers hold their own fate with 2 games left if the Steelers win out then they win the division over the Browns giving them the #3 or #4 seed depending on what the Chargers do. Either way Steelers will have home field for the first game and if they get the #3 seed they will take on the Jaguars again and if they get the #4 seed they will take on the Browns (unless someone else get the #6 seed)...

If the Steelers lose to either the Rams or the Ravens and the Browns win out then the Steelers will either play the Chargers or the Browns depending on who gets the #3 and #4 seed either way will def be some good matchups but if Steelers dont pick up there game right now then we will have a short stay in the playoffs.

14. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Limped in with a win over the Rams and Brownies loss...Now that playoffs are here let's see what happens. Anything goes come playoff time.

15. Crowned

yea good chance we got a rematch vs Jags, not sure why everyone thinks itll be a walk in the park for th Jaguars, itll be a close physical game just like it has been last 3 seasons. The Steelers can do it with or without Willie Parker its time for Big Ben to take over this team

losing Willie Parker comes nothing close to the threat of our offensive line not being able to stop a pass rush

16. Crowned

And its official

Jaguars @ Steelers
    Saturday night at 8:00.

17. Crowned

Season ends with a 31-29 Loss to the Jaguars in the AFC Wildcard playoffs..... Still a good first season under Coach Tomlin...

Off-season
    Discuss...

18. Crowned

The Official 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Well its now the off-season, This will be a long wait, but I'm ready for the draft and the regular season to begin.

I was thinking we may open up the regular season against the Giants on Thursday night. The Super Bowl Champion always opens up the season and who better to do it against then another qb from the same draft class with a Super Bowl ring and also all the talk about Ben wanting a tall receiver and us losing Plaxico to the Gmen.. this is total speculation on my part, but that would be a awesome season opener and we do play the whole NFC East next season so it definitely could happen.

19. tigersucs

tigersucs nfl-fans refugee

The Thursday night opener will not be Steelers v. Giants. That will be an interesting game when it is played but the Steelers play the Giants at home next year along with Dallas. The NFL usually does the Thursday night as a home game for the champs. I wouldn't mind seeing the Steeler home opener being either the Giants or Cowboys on Sunday night.

20. Crowned

yea you're right didn't forgot about that the Champions would be home , good call... Yea speaking of our opponents I'm just going to say we have the toughest schedule next year I don't see us being able to get through this without 5 losses at least, But I hope we can get 12-4 or so....

Home: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, San Diego
    Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, New England

Of course we play the Browns twice who should still be tough, we play the NFC East which all 4 teams are tough and we play 8 teams that made it to the playoffs this year. (I made all the playoff teams bold.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.