Ravens Willis McGahee Calls Himself The Best RB In NFL

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by wide right, Sep 5, 2007.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Source: Paul Domowitch, Philadelphia Daily News

This fella never learns, does he?

2007 Preseason
    Game 1: 4 rushes, 12 yds, long of 6 yds
    Game 2: 4 rushes, 12 yards, long of 8 yds
    Game 3: 6 rushes, 3 yds, long of 7 yds
    Game 4: 4 rushes, 20 yards, long of 16 yds

Hardly the best in the league. Can't wait to see what he has in store for the regular season.

2. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

i feel that this was blown out of proportion ever since it initially happened before our game vs san diego a few years ago - it's not like he called a press conference to declare himself the best runner in the nfl. it was a question by a reporter.

in any case, i'm glad he's in baltimore and we have marshawn lynch.

3. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Lol, he's got talent yes, but the way he runs, he might do better post career on something like 'Dancing With The Stars' (or whatever it's called).

4. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

It may have been blown out of proportion in Buffalo the first time he did it, but now he's gone and done it again. Yet his production continues to drop. If there's one player in the NFL I truly root against it's Willis.

5. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

This guy will never learn. lol
    Glad he's gone to Balt. Good luck to the Balt. fans dealing with his ever growing ego.

6. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

In his eyes he's the best, and that's all that matters, probably helps him keep his head up and run harder, obviously he isn't the best though.

7. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

last year he averaged under 4 ypc, if he wasn't proclaiming himself "the best" then where would he be 2ypc?
    he needs to shut the heck up and let his playing do the talking.Which won't happen.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

McGahee may be a good running back but the Bears are facing the best running back in the NFL this sunday.

9. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

The welcome clearly must have worn thin. Everyone knows he's not the best, but some of the top athletes always tell themself they are the best solely to motivate themselves more. Fighters do this constantly to maintain the confidence level they need. As long as players aren't going out of their way to boast about their skills (insert TO antic here), then I'm not going to sweat it. Now arrogance is an entirely different animal than confidence. He comes across as arrogant and that could easily be a reason for a lot of the dislike. Incidently, has he ever regained all of his speed and abilities after that injury vs Ohio St? That was one of the worst knee injuries I've seen and I can't imagine if he's ever had the same capabilities since.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He knows in his heart he's not the best. He's probably just trying to work up some self-confidence. He should keep it out of the media though.

11. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

these are NFL players..they always feel they are the best....especially the miami products...lol

12. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

no, he hasn't. while he may have only lost some speed, he doesn't have the change of direction like he did in college.

13. Blitz Junkie

Blitz Junkie J.A.F.O

Reminds me of a certain Steelers QB that once told us all he would be in the HOF.....

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

wtf did he smoke? He's far away from being the best RB in the league

15. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

Far away of being the best RB of his conference... both, old and new.

16. Woodley55

Woodley55 6 SUPERBOWLS

:WORD03: The best RB in the NFL plays for the Offensive genius =Billick:DIRTY29:

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I mean there's being confident and then there's being delusional. I mean I can see Jackson, Alexander, Johnson thinking they're the best since they're among the top, but when you're not even a top 10 back it's a little silly.

18. jaybird15

jaybird15 Starter

Guys that say "there the best" are saying that because they are trying to get everyone else to believe it. Guys like LT and Barry Sanders let there play do the talking.

19. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

It's one thing to psych yourself up in the locker room or on the field....another entirely yo boast it to the media. Wonder if he learned that at Miami?.....Sounds like something a Hurricane would say.

20. JLambert

JLambert Starter

Exactly.